openSUSE Security Update: Security update for containerd, docker, runc ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2021:3506-1 Rating: important References: #1102408 #1185405 #1187704 #1188282 #1190826 #1191015 #1191121 #1191334 #1191355 #1191434
Cross-References: CVE-2021-30465 CVE-2021-32760 CVE-2021-41089 CVE-2021-41091 CVE-2021-41092 CVE-2021-41103
CVSS scores: CVE-2021-30465 (NVD) : 8.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-30465 (SUSE): 8.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-32760 (NVD) : 6.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L CVE-2021-32760 (SUSE): 3 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:N/I:N/A:L CVE-2021-41089 (NVD) : 2.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N CVE-2021-41089 (SUSE): 3.6 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N CVE-2021-41091 (NVD) : 6.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:L CVE-2021-41091 (SUSE): 6.3 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:L CVE-2021-41092 (NVD) : 5.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:H/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:N/A:N CVE-2021-41092 (SUSE): 5.4 CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:H/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:N/A:N CVE-2021-41103 (SUSE): 5.9 CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L
Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 15.3 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves 6 vulnerabilities and has four fixes is now available.
This update for containerd, docker, runc fixes the following issues:
Docker was updated to 20.10.9-ce. (bsc#1191355)
See upstream changelog in the packaged /usr/share/doc/packages/docker/CHANGELOG.md.
CVE-2021-41092 CVE-2021-41089 CVE-2021-41091 CVE-2021-41103
container was updated to v1.4.11, to fix CVE-2021-41103. bsc#1191355
- CVE-2021-32760: Fixed that a archive package allows chmod of file outside of unpack target directory (bsc#1188282)
- Install systemd service file as well (bsc#1190826)
Update to runc v1.0.2. Upstream changelog is available from
* Fixed a failure to set CPU quota period in some cases on cgroup v1. * Fixed the inability to start a container with the "adding seccomp filter rule for syscall ..." error, caused by redundant seccomp rules (i.e. those that has action equal to the default one). Such redundant rules are now skipped. * Made release builds reproducible from now on. * Fixed a rare debug log race in runc init, which can result in occasional harmful "failed to decode ..." errors from runc run or exec. * Fixed the check in cgroup v1 systemd manager if a container needs to be frozen before Set, and add a setting to skip such freeze unconditionally. The previous fix for that issue, done in runc 1.0.1, was not working.
Update to runc v1.0.1. Upstream changelog is available from
* Fixed occasional runc exec/run failure ("interrupted system call") on an Azure volume. * Fixed "unable to find groups ... token too long" error with /etc/group containing lines longer than 64K characters. * cgroup/systemd/v1: fix leaving cgroup frozen after Set if a parent cgroup is frozen. This is a regression in 1.0.0, not affecting runc itself but some of libcontainer users (e.g Kubernetes). * cgroupv2: bpf: Ignore inaccessible existing programs in case of permission error when handling replacement of existing bpf cgroup programs. This fixes a regression in 1.0.0, where some SELinux policies would block runc from being able to run entirely. * cgroup/systemd/v2: don't freeze cgroup on Set. * cgroup/systemd/v1: avoid unnecessary freeze on Set. - fix issues with runc under openSUSE MicroOS's SELinux policy. bsc#1187704
Update to runc v1.0.0. Upstream changelog is available from
! The usage of relative paths for mountpoints will now produce a warning (such configurations are outside of the spec, and in future runc will produce an error when given such configurations). * cgroupv2: devices: rework the filter generation to produce consistent results with cgroupv1, and always clobber any existing eBPF program(s) to fix runc update and avoid leaking eBPF programs (resulting in errors when managing containers). * cgroupv2: correctly convert "number of IOs" statistics in a cgroupv1-compatible way. * cgroupv2: support larger than 32-bit IO statistics on 32-bit architectures. * cgroupv2: wait for freeze to finish before returning from the freezing code, optimize the method for checking whether a cgroup is frozen. * cgroups/systemd: fixed "retry on dbus disconnect" logic introduced in rc94 * cgroups/systemd: fixed returning "unit already exists" error from a systemd cgroup manager (regression in rc94) + cgroupv2: support SkipDevices with systemd driver + cgroup/systemd: return, not ignore, stop unit error from Destroy + Make "runc --version" output sane even when built with go get or otherwise outside of our build scripts. + cgroups: set SkipDevices during runc update (so we don't modify cgroups at all during runc update). + cgroup1: blkio: support BFQ weights. + cgroupv2: set per-device io weights if BFQ IO scheduler is available.
Update to runc v1.0.0~rc95. Upstream changelog is available from https://github.com/opencontainers/runc/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc95
This release of runc contains a fix for CVE-2021-30465, and users are strongly recommended to update (especially if you are providing semi-limited access to spawn containers to untrusted users). (bsc#1185405)
Update to runc v1.0.0~rc94. Upstream changelog is available from https://github.com/opencontainers/runc/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc94
Breaking Changes: * cgroupv1: kernel memory limits are now always ignored, as kmemcg has been effectively deprecated by the kernel. Users should make use of regular memory cgroup controls.
* seccomp: fix 32-bit compilation errors * runc init: fix a hang caused by deadlock in seccomp/ebpf loading code * runc start: fix "chdir to cwd: permission denied" for some setups
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.3:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-SLE-15.3-2021-3506=1
- openSUSE Leap 15.3 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
containerd-1.4.11-56.1 containerd-ctr-1.4.11-56.1 docker-20.10.9_ce-156.1 docker-debuginfo-20.10.9_ce-156.1 docker-kubic-20.10.9_ce-156.1 docker-kubic-debuginfo-20.10.9_ce-156.1 docker-kubic-kubeadm-criconfig-20.10.9_ce-156.1 runc-1.0.2-23.1 runc-debuginfo-1.0.2-23.1
- openSUSE Leap 15.3 (noarch):
docker-bash-completion-20.10.9_ce-156.1 docker-fish-completion-20.10.9_ce-156.1 docker-kubic-bash-completion-20.10.9_ce-156.1 docker-kubic-fish-completion-20.10.9_ce-156.1 docker-kubic-zsh-completion-20.10.9_ce-156.1 docker-zsh-completion-20.10.9_ce-156.1
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-30465.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-32760.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-41089.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-41091.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-41092.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-41103.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1102408 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1185405 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1187704 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1188282 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1190826 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1191015 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1191121 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1191334 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1191355 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1191434