openSUSE Security Update: Security update for openssl-1_0_0 ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:3015-1 Rating: moderate References: #1089039 #1097158 #1101470 #1104789 #1106197
Cross-References: CVE-2018-0732 CVE-2018-0737 Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 15.0 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves two vulnerabilities and has three fixes is now available.
This update for openssl-1_0_0 to 1.0.2p fixes the following issues:
These security issues were fixed:
- Prevent One&Done side-channel attack on RSA that allowed physically near attackers to use EM emanations to recover information (bsc#1104789) - CVE-2018-0737: The RSA Key generation algorithm has been shown to be vulnerable to a cache timing side channel attack. An attacker with sufficient access to mount cache timing attacks during the RSA key generation process could have recovered the private key (bsc#1089039) - CVE-2018-0732: During key agreement in a TLS handshake using a DH(E) based ciphersuite a malicious server could have sent a very large prime value to the client. This caused the client to spend an unreasonably long period of time generating a key for this prime resulting in a hang until the client has finished. This could be exploited in a Denial Of Service attack (bsc#1097158) - Make problematic ECDSA sign addition length-invariant - Add blinding to ECDSA and DSA signatures to protect against side channel attacks
This non-security issue was fixed:
- Add openssl(cli) Provide so the packages that require the openssl binary can require this instead of the new openssl meta package (bsc#1101470)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.0:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-1110=1
- openSUSE Leap 15.0 (i586 x86_64):
libopenssl-1_0_0-devel-1.0.2p-lp22.214.171.124 libopenssl1_0_0-1.0.2p-lp126.96.36.199 libopenssl1_0_0-debuginfo-1.0.2p-lp188.8.131.52 libopenssl1_0_0-hmac-1.0.2p-lp184.108.40.206 libopenssl1_0_0-steam-1.0.2p-lp220.127.116.11 libopenssl1_0_0-steam-debuginfo-1.0.2p-lp18.104.22.168 openssl-1_0_0-1.0.2p-lp22.214.171.124 openssl-1_0_0-cavs-1.0.2p-lp126.96.36.199 openssl-1_0_0-cavs-debuginfo-1.0.2p-lp188.8.131.52 openssl-1_0_0-debuginfo-1.0.2p-lp184.108.40.206 openssl-1_0_0-debugsource-1.0.2p-lp220.127.116.11
- openSUSE Leap 15.0 (noarch):
- openSUSE Leap 15.0 (x86_64):
libopenssl-1_0_0-devel-32bit-1.0.2p-lp18.104.22.168 libopenssl1_0_0-32bit-1.0.2p-lp22.214.171.124 libopenssl1_0_0-32bit-debuginfo-1.0.2p-lp126.96.36.199 libopenssl1_0_0-hmac-32bit-1.0.2p-lp188.8.131.52 libopenssl1_0_0-steam-32bit-1.0.2p-lp184.108.40.206 libopenssl1_0_0-steam-32bit-debuginfo-1.0.2p-lp220.127.116.11
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-0732.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-0737.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1089039 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1097158 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1101470 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1104789 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1106197