SUSE Security Update: Security update for apache2 ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2018:0901-1 Rating: important References: #1057406 #1086774 #1086775 #1086813 #1086814 #1086817 #1086820 Cross-References: CVE-2017-15710 CVE-2017-15715 CVE-2018-1283 CVE-2018-1301 CVE-2018-1303 CVE-2018-1312
Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves 6 vulnerabilities and has one errata is now available.
This update for apache2 fixes the following issues:
* CVE-2018-1283: when mod_session is configured to forward its session data to CGI applications (SessionEnv on, not the default), a remote user may influence their content by using a "Session" header leading to unexpected behavior [bsc#1086814].
* CVE-2018-1301: due to an out of bound access after a size limit being reached by reading the HTTP header, a specially crafted request could lead to remote denial of service. [bsc#1086817]
* CVE-2018-1303: a specially crafted HTTP request header could lead to crash due to an out of bound read while preparing data to be cached in shared memory.[bsc#1086813]
* CVE-2017-15715: a regular expression could match '$' to a newline character in a malicious filename, rather than matching only the end of the filename. leading to corruption of uploaded files.[bsc#1086774]
* CVE-2018-1312: when generating an HTTP Digest authentication challenge, the nonce sent to prevent reply attacks was not correctly generated using a pseudo-random seed. In a cluster of servers using a common Digest authentication configuration, HTTP requests could be replayed across servers by an attacker without detection. [bsc#1086775]
* CVE-2017-15710: mod_authnz_ldap, if configured with AuthLDAPCharsetConfig, uses the Accept-Language header value to lookup the right charset encoding when verifying the user's credentials. If the header value is not present in the charset conversion table, a fallback mechanism is used to truncate it to a two characters value to allow a quick retry (for example, 'en-US' is truncated to 'en'). A header value of less than two characters forces an out of bound write of one NUL byte to a memory location that is not part of the string. In the worst case, quite unlikely, the process would crash which could be used as a Denial of Service attack. In the more likely case, this memory is already reserved for future use and the issue has no effect at all. [bsc#1086820]
* gensslcert: fall back to 'localhost' as hostname [bsc#1057406]
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2018-602=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS (ppc64le s390x x86_64):
apache2-2.4.10-14.31.1 apache2-debuginfo-2.4.10-14.31.1 apache2-debugsource-2.4.10-14.31.1 apache2-example-pages-2.4.10-14.31.1 apache2-prefork-2.4.10-14.31.1 apache2-prefork-debuginfo-2.4.10-14.31.1 apache2-utils-2.4.10-14.31.1 apache2-utils-debuginfo-2.4.10-14.31.1 apache2-worker-2.4.10-14.31.1 apache2-worker-debuginfo-2.4.10-14.31.1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS (noarch):
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2017-15710.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2017-15715.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-1283.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-1301.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-1303.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-1312.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1057406 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1086774 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1086775 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1086813 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1086814 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1086817 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1086820