SUSE Security Update: Security update for java-1_6_0-ibm ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2016:0770-1 Rating: important References: #960286 #960402 #963937 Cross-References: CVE-2015-5041 CVE-2015-7575 CVE-2015-7981 CVE-2015-8126 CVE-2015-8472 CVE-2015-8540 CVE-2016-0402 CVE-2016-0448 CVE-2016-0466 CVE-2016-0483 CVE-2016-0494 Affected Products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes 11 vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for java-1_6_0-ibm fixes the following issues by updating to 6.0-16.20 (bsc#963937)
- CVE-2015-5041: Could could have invoked non-public interface methods under certain circumstances - CVE-2015-7575: The TLS protocol could allow weaker than expected security caused by a collision attack when using the MD5 hash function for signing a ServerKeyExchange message during a TLS handshake. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using man-in-the-middle techniques to impersonate a TLS server and obtain credentials - CVE-2015-7981: libpng could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by an out-of-bounds read in the png_convert_to_rfc1123 function. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information - CVE-2015-8126: buffer overflow in libpng caused by improper bounds checking by the png_set_PLTE() and png_get_PLTE() functions - CVE-2015-8472: buffer overflow in libpng caused by improper bounds checking by the png_set_PLTE() and png_get_PLTE() functions - CVE-2015-8540: libpng is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by a read underflow in png_check_keyword in pngwutil.c. By sending an overly long argument, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash. - CVE-2016-0402: An unspecified vulnerability related to the Networking component has no confidentiality impact, partial integrity impact, and no availability impact - CVE-2016-0448: An unspecified vulnerability related to the JMX component could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information - CVE-2016-0466: An unspecified vulnerability related to the JAXP component could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service - CVE-2016-0483: An unspecified vulnerability related to the AWT component has complete confidentiality impact, complete integrity impact, and complete availability impact - CVE-2016-0494: An unspecified vulnerability related to the 2D component has complete confidentiality impact, complete integrity impact, and complete availability impact
The following bugs were fixed:
- bsc#960402: resolve package conflicts in devel package - bsc#960286: resolve package conflicts in the fonts subpackage
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch slessp3-java-1_6_0-ibm-12453=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS (i586 s390x x86_64):
java-1_6_0-ibm-1.6.0_sr16.20-51.1 java-1_6_0-ibm-devel-1.6.0_sr16.20-51.1 java-1_6_0-ibm-fonts-1.6.0_sr16.20-51.1 java-1_6_0-ibm-jdbc-1.6.0_sr16.20-51.1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS (i586 x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS (i586):
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-5041.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-7575.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-7981.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-8126.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-8472.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-8540.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-0402.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-0448.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-0466.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-0483.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-0494.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/960286 https://bugzilla.suse.com/960402 https://bugzilla.suse.com/963937