openSUSE Security Update: Security update for qemu ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2017:0194-1 Rating: important References: #1007454 #1008519 #1009109 #1013285 #1013341 #1013764 #1013767 #1014109 #1014110 #1014111 #1014112 #1014256 #1014514 #1016779 #937125
Cross-References: CVE-2016-9102 CVE-2016-9103 CVE-2016-9381 CVE-2016-9776 CVE-2016-9845 CVE-2016-9846 CVE-2016-9907 CVE-2016-9908 CVE-2016-9911 CVE-2016-9912 CVE-2016-9913 CVE-2016-9921 CVE-2016-9922 Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 42.2 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that solves 13 vulnerabilities and has two fixes is now available.
qemu was updated to fix several issues.
These security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2016-9102: Memory leak in the v9fs_xattrcreate function in hw/9pfs/9p.c in allowed local guest OS administrators to cause a denial of service (memory consumption and QEMU process crash) via a large number of Txattrcreate messages with the same fid number (bsc#1014256). - CVE-2016-9103: The v9fs_xattrcreate function in hw/9pfs/9p.c in allowed local guest OS administrators to obtain sensitive host heap memory information by reading xattribute values writing to them (bsc#1007454). - CVE-2016-9381: Improper processing of shared rings allowing guest administrators take over the qemu process, elevating their privilege to that of the qemu process (bsc#1009109) - CVE-2016-9776: The ColdFire Fast Ethernet Controller emulator support was vulnerable to an infinite loop issue while receiving packets in 'mcf_fec_receive'. A privileged user/process inside guest could have used this issue to crash the Qemu process on the host leading to DoS (bsc#1013285). - CVE-2016-9845: The Virtio GPU Device emulator support as vulnerable to an information leakage issue while processing the 'VIRTIO_GPU_CMD_GET_CAPSET_INFO' command. A guest user/process could have used this flaw to leak contents of the host memory (bsc#1013767). - CVE-2016-9846: The Virtio GPU Device emulator support was vulnerable to a memory leakage issue while updating the cursor data in update_cursor_data_virgl. A guest user/process could have used this flaw to leak host memory bytes, resulting in DoS for the host (bsc#1013764). - CVE-2016-9907: The USB redirector usb-guest support was vulnerable to a memory leakage flaw when destroying the USB redirector in 'usbredir_handle_destroy'. A guest user/process could have used this issue to leak host memory, resulting in DoS for a host (bsc#1014109). - CVE-2016-9908: The Virtio GPU Device emulator support was vulnerable to an information leakage issue while processing the 'VIRTIO_GPU_CMD_GET_CAPSET' command. A guest user/process could have used this flaw to leak contents of the host memory (bsc#1014514). - CVE-2016-9911: The USB EHCI Emulation support was vulnerable to a memory leakage issue while processing packet data in 'ehci_init_transfer'. A guest user/process could have used this issue to leak host memory, resulting in DoS for the host (bsc#1014111). - CVE-2016-9912: The Virtio GPU Device emulator support was vulnerable to a memory leakage issue while destroying gpu resource object in 'virtio_gpu_resource_destroy'. A guest user/process could have used this flaw to leak host memory bytes, resulting in DoS for the host (bsc#1014112). - CVE-2016-9913: VirtFS was vulnerable to memory leakage issue via its '9p-handle' or '9p-proxy' backend drivers. A privileged user inside guest could have used this flaw to leak host memory, thus affecting other services on the host and/or potentially crash the Qemu process on the host (bsc#1014110).
These non-security issues were fixed:
- Fixed uint64 property parsing and add regression tests (bsc#937125) - Added a man page for kvm_stat - Fix crash in vte (bsc#1008519) - Various upstream commits targeted towards stable releases (bsc#1013341)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update. Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2017-116=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- openSUSE Leap 42.2 (i586 x86_64):
qemu-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-arm-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-arm-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-block-curl-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-block-curl-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-block-dmg-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-block-dmg-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-block-iscsi-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-block-iscsi-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-block-ssh-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-block-ssh-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-debugsource-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-extra-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-extra-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-guest-agent-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-guest-agent-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-kvm-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-lang-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-linux-user-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-linux-user-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-linux-user-debugsource-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-ppc-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-ppc-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-s390-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-s390-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-testsuite-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-tools-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-tools-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-x86-2.6.2-26.1 qemu-x86-debuginfo-2.6.2-26.1
- openSUSE Leap 42.2 (noarch):
qemu-ipxe-1.0.0-26.1 qemu-seabios-1.9.1-26.1 qemu-sgabios-8-26.1 qemu-vgabios-1.9.1-26.1
- openSUSE Leap 42.2 (x86_64):
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9102.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9103.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9381.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9776.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9845.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9846.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9907.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9908.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9911.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9912.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9913.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9921.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2016-9922.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1007454 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1008519 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1009109 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1013285 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1013341 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1013764 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1013767 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1014109 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1014110 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1014111 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1014112 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1014256 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1014514 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1016779 https://bugzilla.suse.com/937125