openSUSE Security Update: Security update for libraw ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:2286-1 Rating: moderate References: #1103200 #1103206 #1103353 #1103359 #1103360 #1103361 Cross-References: CVE-2018-5807 CVE-2018-5810 CVE-2018-5811 CVE-2018-5812 CVE-2018-5813 CVE-2018-5815
Affected Products: openSUSE Leap 42.3 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes 6 vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for libraw fixes the following issues:
The following security vulnerabilities were addressed:
- CVE-2018-5813: Fixed an error within the "parse_minolta()" function (dcraw/dcraw.c) that could be exploited to trigger an infinite loop via a specially crafted file. This could be exploited to cause a DoS.(boo#1103200).
- CVE-2018-5815: Fixed an integer overflow in the internal/dcraw_common.cpp:parse_qt() function, that could be exploited to cause an infinite loop via a specially crafted Apple QuickTime file. (boo#1103206)
- CVE-2018-5810: Fixed an error within the rollei_load_raw() function (internal/dcraw_common.cpp) that could be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow and subsequently cause a crash. (boo#1103353)
- CVE-2018-5811: Fixed an error within the nikon_coolscan_load_raw() function (internal/dcraw_common.cpp) that could be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds read memory access and subsequently cause a crash. (boo#1103359)
- CVE-2018-5812: Fixed another error within the nikon_coolscan_load_raw() function (internal/dcraw_common.cpp) that could be exploited to trigger a NULL pointer dereference. (boo#1103360)
- CVE-2018-5807: Fixed an error within the samsung_load_raw() function (internal/dcraw_common.cpp) that could be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds read memory access and subsequently cause a crash. (boo#1103361)
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.3:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-849=1
- openSUSE Leap 42.3 (i586 x86_64):
libraw-debugsource-0.17.1-23.1 libraw-devel-0.17.1-23.1 libraw-devel-static-0.17.1-23.1 libraw-tools-0.17.1-23.1 libraw-tools-debuginfo-0.17.1-23.1 libraw15-0.17.1-23.1 libraw15-debuginfo-0.17.1-23.1
https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-5807.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-5810.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-5811.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-5812.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-5813.html https://www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2018-5815.html https://bugzilla.suse.com/1103200 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1103206 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1103353 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1103359 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1103360 https://bugzilla.suse.com/1103361