Given the recent events, I decided to compile a small list of questions/topics to present to the contestants to the Board.
1. "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - F. Nietzsche Given the discussion regarding the recent action of the current board in expelling a member, could you please comment the quotation above having in mind that action (and your knowledge about the situation)?
2. "Resentment seems to have been given us by nature for a defense, and for a defense only! It is the safeguard of justice and the security of innocence." - Adam Smith Whats your interpretation of the quote from Adam Smith.
3. Do you consider yourself a 'forgiving' oriented person? Please justify. In case you have restrictions to 'forgiving' could please identify them? Elaborate please.
4. "In general, the Internet was not designed to accommodate deliberate failures to communicate." - Daniel J. Bernstein Could you please give us your interpretation of the previous quotation ?
5. "All governments should be pressured to correct their abuses of human rights." - Richard M. Stallman Should only 'governaments' be pressured to correct abuses on Human Rights? What's your stand regarding Human Rights? Should an organization like openSUSE subscribe the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights? Should be Board be also the safekeeper and Guardion of such? (consider that the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights also contemplates the right to 'defense').
7. "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." - Mahatma Gandhi Could you please comment the quotation above and relate it to your future position on the Board? Please elaborate.
6. If you take decisions on the Board on behalf of the community and the people that voted on you, do you believe that you should inform those people on controversial disputes about your standing? Where is the line between your own personal standing and the will of those who elected you?
* F. Nietzsche - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche * Adam Smith - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Smith * Daniel J. Bernstein - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_J._Bernstein * Richard M. Stallman - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman * Mahatma Gandhi - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohandas_Karamchand_Gandhi