I followed your suggestion to the letter and no luck. In fact, when I tried to transfer an mp3, KDE crashed. Not just once, but 3 times! On the 3rd crash, I had to hit ctrl-alt-backspace to get everything to close. Of course, I had to re-log in as a result.
Any ideas as to what went wrong?
John Lamb wrote:
Matthew Dunaway wrote:
Hi, I have a Creative MuVo 64MB player. It worked fine with SuSE 9.0 but when I upgraded to 9.1 Pro, no luck. :-( Any ideas on how to get this to work with SuSE 9.1?? I really don't want to downgrade to 9.0 just to use the MuVo player.
I found that I could get a 128Mb MuVo to work by creating a directory (as root)
# mkdir /media/muvo
and putting the line
/dev/sda1 /media/muvo subfs fs=floppyfss,user,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0
The problem seems to be submount, which is new in 9.1. After I've done this, the device appears mounted correctly 15-20 seconds after inserting the device.
Occasionally, the device mounts itself as something like /media/USB... instead.
The problem seems to be submount. You can disable submount altogether by editing the line HOTPLUG_USE_SUBFS=yes in /etc/sysconfig/hotplug to HOTPLUG_USE_SUBFS=no
Then everything ought to work as it did in earlier versions of SuSE.