Feature changed by: Duncan Mac-Vicar <dmacvicar(a)novell.com>
Feature #305582, revision 3
Title: Off-Line one click install (MSI for Linux)
Requested by: Raúl García <raul(a)bgta.net>
Partner organization: openSUSE.org
- Idea from community member Raul Romero.
+ Idea from community member Raúl García.
Same concept as MSI packages for Windows but exploiting the One Click
Install concept of openSUSE (and therefore inheriting the simplicity,
code and security.
Basically a compressed file which includes a repository inside, plus
one click install information, and a script to trigger the
oneclickinstall handler with the data as payload in the script.
Therefore is a collection of rpms that can be installed
detailed description is here http://en.opensuse.org/OSI
There is already a prototype working. Example script:
This requires some extra features in one click install and other pieces
* ability to force OneClick to add the repo (the one inside the
Additionally I see other features:
* ability to suggest an update repo for the installed bundle
* support from build service to generate bundles
* easy way to generate them locally
Out of scope but interesting:
* Ablity to trigger a YaST workflow (its own control.xml?)
Business case (Partner benefit):
: This solves the business case of distributing service
packs, applications, codecs bundles by just downloading a big file,
100% offline, supporting dependencies and repo signatures.