All meeting minutes can be found here:
Meeting is hosted here
bittin, dleuenberger,guillaume_g, lkocman, skriesch, wengel, max,
ddemaio, sbahling, gp
The retrospective was closed at 6:30 am today. We have 605 responses in
total. Last release had 409.
So this is very nice increase in popularity of these surveys.
Lubos will start with post-processing and place it here
Review of feedback and action items will happen during openSUSE
15.3 - Selinux won't boot without selinux policy
15.4 Feature planning in progress -
Deadline for all (SLE)
features in is on 26th June. So we have one week to add some larger
changes that require updates on SLE side.
Do we we want to open an early feature for some easy "Multimedia codecs
offer" on the first boot/welcome screen? We would have to invite legal
from the very beginning.
The rebuild of factory refresh is still in progress:
still in progress. The idea is to identify packages in SLE that
block us on Backports refresh from factory. And update these packages
Dominique: Did SLE have perhaps some recent deal with one codec pack.
I'll keep on monitoring the zypper lp / patch issues on maintenance
side. Seems like we still have some inapplicable patches.
Addresses for openSUSE Leap 15.3 DVD boxes were handed off. Stay tuned!
Distribution is on the way.
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* Snapshot 0609: openssh moved the distro config to /usr/etc; admins
sshd_config was renamed to sshd_config.rpmsave; in the same go, ssh was
reconfigured to no longer accept root logins using password (key auth
* Firefox 89 has a new tabbed UI, people love or hate it - but that's
an upstream change
* KDE Plasma 5.22 and KDE Gears 21.04.2 was published
* KDE Frameworks 5.83 is next
* GNOME 40.2 is also ready and in some snapshot very soon
## Richard (Kubic/TW MicroOS)
## Guillaume - Arm
* Rolling, no blocker. No major Arm specific updates on top of
* DTB are missing, which breaks some Arm boards -
* Still not able to build locally (osc build --vm-type=kvm) for
aarch64 with a Tumbleweed host.
* Armv7: NET ISO now works. openQA detected few packages which are
uninstallable. Working on it.
WSL: Stalled: WIP to have WSL on aarch64 on
is to have WSL-DistroLauncher package built for aarch64. Help welcomed.
## Sarah - s390x
* new Tumbleweed snapshot
* Bazel is working again
* bug in NodeJS16 forwarded to IBM:
* broken tests in openQA because passwords are forbidden
* openSUSE Conference
* Setup on 17.06
* Practice day 10:00 UTU and 12:00 UTC and 16:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC
* Attendees sent token
* Waiting on 10 talks to be uploaded
* Please upload ASAP. Video team doesn't want to be downloading
videos because they could interrupt uplink
Lubos: will do today.
Interesting question from Frederic: Do we allow discussion prior
and after pre-recorded talk just like on the SUSECON?
Doug: pre-talk discussion is not possible, but we could do a post-
Excited by the number of retrospective responses - thanks for that
Lubos (and Gerald): Big thanks to Doug!
Any topics/questions you'd like to see covered at the Board session at
Lubos: the profiling of Leap and the lifecycle presentation to the
world. Seems it's very confusing to non-openSUSE people at the moment.
See the distrowatch review. How to promote the goodness in a way that
non-openSUSE community understands it.
## Wolfgang (Package Hub), Scott Bahling
Leap 15.3 as we do maint-updates, do we have policies on these
Marina: from the maintenance side - we have to check better any sort of
conflicts that can happen on SLE updates to Leap. We're improving these
tools. It would be really great to monitor packages that we're shipping
in Leap. Some packages are provided via extra channels that we call
package hub subpackages.
Marina: we don't have strict rules for Leap updates as everything in PH
is not supported.
Lubos this should be definitely item for Leap 15.4 Interlock /
maintenance part. But it will start profiling Leap as more server
oriented distro than Desktop.
Scott B.: It should be also a community decision.
## Adrian - CtLG or openSUSE Step