Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
Packages changed: evince (40.1 -> 40.2) gnome-desktop (40.1 -> 40.2) gptfdisk (1.0.6 -> 1.0.8) gtk4 hidapi libpt2 libxslt ovmf pipewire (0.3.28 -> 0.3.30) re2 (20210401 -> 20210601) tracker (3.1.1 -> 3.1.2) xorg-x11-server
=== Details ===
==== evince ==== Version update (40.1 -> 40.2) Subpackages: evince-lang evince-plugin-comicsdocument evince-plugin-djvudocument evince-plugin-dvidocument evince-plugin-pdfdocument evince-plugin-tiffdocument evince-plugin-xpsdocument libevdocument3-4 libevview3-3 nautilus-evince typelib-1_0-EvinceDocument-3_0 typelib-1_0-EvinceView-3_0
- Update to version 40.2: + build: Fix t1lib detection. + shell: - Show password dialog again. - Use tmp dir as containing folder for non-native file. - Fix build regression when gtk_unix_print is disabled. - Explicitly set title in the header bar as a fallback. + snap: Update to the gnome 3.38 extension to fix the build. + Updated translations.
==== gnome-desktop ==== Version update (40.1 -> 40.2) Subpackages: gnome-desktop-lang gnome-version libgnome-desktop-3-19 libgnome-desktop-3_0-common typelib-1_0-GnomeDesktop-3_0
- Update to version 40.2: + Fix crash loading keyboard settings panel.
==== gptfdisk ==== Version update (1.0.6 -> 1.0.8)
- Update to 1.0.8 * Fixed double byte swap operation on writes of partition name data on big-endian systems; this is in addition to the double byte swap fix on reading partition label data fixed in 1.0.7. (Thanks to Erik Larsson for both fixes.) * Added feature to gdisk and sgdisk to enable swapping the byte order of partition names, so as to correct disks already affected by the preceding bug. This option is 'b' on the experts' menu in gdisk and - b/--byte-swap-name in sgdisk. This seems advanced/obscure enough that I don't want to clutter cgdisk's menu with this option, so I haven't added it there. * Added type code for the Barebox boot loader (0xbb00; 4778ED65-BF42-45FA-9C5B-287A1DC4AAB1). * Fixed bug that caused spurious warnings about the partition table header claiming an invalid size of partition entries when reading some MBR disks. * Added ARM64 as an architecture for the Mac builds of gdisk and fixparts. The official GPT fdisk binaries of these files for macOS are now "universal" x86-64/ARM64 binaries, so they will run natively on the new M1 (ARM64) Macs. The sgdisk and cgdisk binaries, though, remain built only for x86-64, because they rely on libraries that are not easily built in "universal" form. * Fixed double byte swap operation on partition label data on big-endian CPUs. This resulted in partition names becoming gibberish on such CPUs. * Added three new type codes: - 0x0701 - Microsoft Storage Replica - 0x0702 - ArcaOS Type 1 - 0x8401 - Storage Performance Development Kit (SPDK) block device - Drop fix-spurious-warnings.patch
==== gtk4 ==== Subpackages: gtk4-lang gtk4-schema libgtk-4-1 typelib-1_0-Gtk-4_0
- Move RPM macros to %_rpmmacrodir.
==== hidapi ====
- Add 0001-configure.ac-remove-duplicate-AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR-22.patch: fix boo#1187056
==== libpt2 ====
- Add libpt2-avoid-C-11-deprecation-warning-when-using-g-7.patch: fix build with old gcc. - Add libpt2-c11-fixes.patch: fix C++11 warnings.
==== libxslt ==== Subpackages: libxslt-tools libxslt1
- Backport upstream xsltproc manpage fix f165525f Recreate xsltproc man page with old Docbook stylesheet URL Recreate-xsltproc-man-page-with-old-Docbook-styleshe.patch - Don't disable testsuite under QEMU - Move the Copyright file to %_defaultlicensedir Configure.ac replaces the COPYING file with a symlink.
==== ovmf ==== Subpackages: qemu-ovmf-x86_64 qemu-uefi-aarch64
- Add ovmf-bsc1186151-fix-iscsi-overflows.patch to fix the possible overflows in IScsiDxe (bsc#1186151) - Correct the path to copy the Xen flavor
==== pipewire ==== Version update (0.3.28 -> 0.3.30) Subpackages: gstreamer-plugin-pipewire libpipewire-0_3-0 pipewire-modules pipewire-spa-plugins-0_2 pipewire-spa-tools pipewire-tools
- Update to 0.3.30 * This is a quick emergency release to fix some severe problems with the previous release. * Highlights - Recording from a monitor port should work again. - JACK applications should now be more stable again. - Freewheeling should not lock up anymore. - Fix lockups in many pulseaudio apps. - module-echo-cancel was implemented in pipewire-pulse - Many other stability fixes. * PipeWire - Improve module path logic. - Improve logger formatting * PulseAudio server - Make sure to pass 64 bits values for time on ARM 32 bits to avoid protocol errors. - Avoid a crash when unloading module-combine-sink. - Avoid overflow in requested bytes, resulting in stalled audio. - Implement module-echo-cancel. * Bluetooth - Handle latency parameters instead of failing. * JACK - Fix locking in many places to avoid deadlocks and crashes. - Fix port rename. - Stop freewheeling correctly instead of deadlocking. - Update to 0.3.29 * Highlights - Latency reporting is now implemented. - Many documentation updates and cleanups. - module-combine-sink was added to PulseAudio server. - Better handling of multichannel input profiles. - Fix 100% volume issue when monitor suspends or profile changes in some cases. - Bugfixes and crashes * PipeWire - A new module-rt was added to acquire real-time scheduling priviledges without using RTKit. - Documentation fixes and updates. Docs are now using a custom theme. - There is now a MANDATORY flag on properties that influence how properties are filtered. - Filter-chain now parses the LADSPA_PATH correctly when it contains a colon separated list. - Move `#pipewire` IRC channel to oftc.net. - Fix an error where param changes were not emited in all cases. - Implement Latency reporting. Latency values are propagated through the graph so that each node knows the latency to the output/input device. Synchronization in pw-stream has been updated to use this. - Some more upmix cases are added so that LFE, SIDE and REAR can be generated from a mono channel as well. - pw-stream and pw-filter will now emit the process event from the real-time thread in a safe way, potentially avoiding some of the harder to debug crashes. - Fix potential stack overflow with serialize_dict. - Add PIPEWIRE_NO_CONFIG to run without custom config files. - The WebRTC echo canceler was added. Next versions will integrate this better. * PulseAudio server - module-combine-sink was implemented. - Fix some segfaults when DBus connections fail. - Support for listening on IPv6 was added. - Fix a bug where many flushes could result in requests for too much data from the client, causing sync, latency and garbled sound problems after many seeks. * ALSA - Also probe input paths for multichannel mappings. This makes multichannel input ports show up in more cases. - Fix headphones/front volume issue on some cards. - Fix max volume issue when profile changes. - Fix issue with UCM local config that was not available when the device was opened in the server but the UCM was opened by the session manager. Fixes alsa 1.2.5 compatibility. * JACK - Implement latency reporting with the new Latency params. - Add BuildRequires: pkgconfig(webrtc-audio-processing) which is required by the new WebRTC echo canceler. - Remove patch which is already included: * 0001-alsa-mixer-only-use-switch-to-mute-Front-in-the-Headphone-path.patch
==== re2 ==== Version update (20210401 -> 20210601)
- update to 2021-06-01: * Fix (|a)* matching more text than (|a)+ * build system tweaks and developer visible fixes
==== tracker ==== Version update (3.1.1 -> 3.1.2) Subpackages: libtracker-sparql-3_0-0 tracker-data-files tracker-lang typelib-1_0-Tracker-3_0
- Update to version 3.1.2: + Add missing autocleanup functions. + Support empty array updates. + VAPI fixes. + Add missing G_BEGIN_DECLS/G_END_DECLS guards. + Manpage fixes. + Fix crash in "tracker3 export --2to3" subcommand. + Fix rare bug that lead to triples being silently eaten. + Improvements to datetime handling. + Updated translations.
==== xorg-x11-server ==== Subpackages: xorg-x11-server-Xvfb xorg-x11-server-extra xorg-x11-server-sdk
- u_modesetting-Fix-dirty-updates-for-sw-rotation.patch * Fixes broken rotation support for DRM drivers without hardware rotation support or direct vram access (bsc#1182955)