Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
It’s been another week in which the weed has been steadily tumbling. A
solid three snapshots have been published this week (with a 4th one
being tested right now in openQA)
The snapshots brought you those goodies:
* GNOME 3.18.2
* KDE Applications 15.08.3
* Many other smaller fixes (sddm 0.13, python-coverage update)
The snapshot currently running through openQA (20151118) will bring
some bigger additions:
* the new default system fonts (that’s why it takes a bit longer: all
needles in staging had of course been updated, but the full Tumbleweed
QA has > 70 tests compared to the ~10 running in Stagings, so a bunch
more needles missing). With the current progress, though, we should be
able to expect QA to pass later today or on the weekend.
* Ghostscript 9.18: it did cause a few build failures in stagings
already (renamed error variables); so if you’re building anything
against it, you might be hit by this too.
* X.Org 1.18: if you’re running binary blob drivers, you might want
to block off this update. The vendors might take some time to get their
drivers in shape.
* Masa 11.0.5: addressing a bunch of stability issue with nouveau and
The staging projects are currently all busy – Some of them need your
help to resolve the pending issues. The main updates causing issues
* Boost 1.59: I think everybody expects issues with a new boost
version by now. This time around, all but one have been fixed: cmis-
client still fails on ppc64le.
* GStreamer 1.6: most of the packages seem ready for this. The
critical component missing is Phonon
Besides all those updates, we’re struggling a lot with building java-
related packages since the update of Kernel to version 4.3.0 – it seems
this kernel, running as guest in KVM, triggers some bugs that are only
seen when building / running java related things (see also boo#954218
With all this, I wish you a great weekend – and always remember: Have a
lot of fun.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-factory+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-factory+owner(a)opensuse.org