Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: cyrus-imapd harfbuzz (1.5.1 -> 1.6.3) iio-sensor-proxy konqueror obs-service-set_version (0.5.6 -> 0.5.7) postfix (3.2.3 -> 3.2.4) powerdevil5 virt-manager virtualbox
=== Details ===
==== cyrus-imapd ==== Subpackages: cyradm perl-Cyrus-IMAP perl-Cyrus-SIEVE-managesieve
- Removed "cyrus-imapd-2.4.19_drac_auth.patch" and dropped drac from the BuildRequires. DRAC's upstream is bascially dead nowadays, and the drac patch in cyrus-imapd is also largely unmaintained. Rebased cyrus-imapd-2.4.17_openslp.patch and cyrus-imapd-2.4.19_autocreate-0.10-0.patch as a result of the removal.
==== harfbuzz ==== Version update (1.5.1 -> 1.6.3) Subpackages: harfbuzz-devel libharfbuzz-icu0 libharfbuzz0 libharfbuzz0-32bit
- Update to version 1.6.3: + Fix hb_set_t some more. Should be solid now. + Implement get_glyph_name() for hb-ot-font. + Misc fixes. - Changes from version 1.6.2: + Yesterday's release had a bad crasher; don't use it (gh#behdad/harfbuzz#578). - Changes from version 1.6.1: + Don't skip over COMBINING GRAPHEME JOINER when ligating, etc (gh#behdad/harfbuzz#554). + Faster hb_set_t implementation. + Don't use deprecated ICU API. + Fix undefined-behavior in Myanmar shaper, introduced in 1.6.0. + Deprecated API: hb_set_invert(). - Changes from version 1.6.0: + Update to Unicode 10. + Various Indic and Universal Shaping Engine fixes. + Implement Unicode Arabic Mark Ordering Algorithm UTR#53. + Implement optical sizing / tracking in CoreText backend, using new API hb_font_set_ptem(). + Allow notifying hb_font_t that underlying FT_Face changed sizing, using new API hb_ft_font_changed(). + More Graphite backend RTL fixes. + Fix caching of variable font shaping plans. + hb-view / hb-shape now accept following new arguments: o --unicodes: takes a list of hex numbers that represent Unicode codepoints. + New API: hb_face_get_table_tags(), hb_font_set_ptem(), hb_font_get_ptem() and hb_ft_font_changed(). - Drop pkgconfig(gobject-2.0) BuildRequires: not needed/used.
==== iio-sensor-proxy ====
- Add iio-sensor-proxy-revert-cast-align-warnings-arm-fix.patch Revert "iio-buffer-utils: Fix cast-align warnings on ARM" because it caused rotations on all devices to have undefined values; patch taken from upstream (boo#1061190, gh#hadess/iio-sensor-proxy#191). - Add relevant package Group for both iio-sensor-proxy (System/Monitor) and iio-sensor-proxy-doc (Documentation/HTML).
==== konqueror ==== Subpackages: konqueror-devel konqueror-lang
- Don't try to install Home.desktop in /usr/share/applications, the copy from plasma5-workspace (by kio_desktop) should be used instead (boo#1058743) - Update to 17.08.2 * New bugfix release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.08.2.php - Changes since 17.08.1: * None - Update to 17.08.1 * New bugfix release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.08.1.php - Changes since 17.08.0: * None - Update to KDE Applications 17.08.0 * New feature release * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.08.0.php - Changes since 17.04.3 : - Too many changes to list here - Update to KDE Applications 17.07.90 * KDE Applications 17.07.90 * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.07.90.php - Update to 17.04.3 * New bugfix release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.04.3.php - Changes since 17.04.2: * None - Recommend dolphin-part to make file management work out of the box (boo#1047665) - Update to 17.04.2 * New bugfix release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.04.2.php - Changes since 17.04.1: * None - Update to 17.04.1 * New bugfix release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.04.1.php - Changes since 17.04.0: * Fix build with Qt 5.9 (kde#377490) - Update to 17.04.0 * New feature release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.04.0.php - Changes since 17.03.90: * None - Update to 17.03.90 * New bugfix release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.04-rc.php - Changes since 17.03.80: * Port kde4_add_app_icon to ecm_add_app_icon * Save/restore window size * Accept single line command options like we used to do - Update to 17.03.80 * New feature release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.03.80.php - Changes since 16.12.3: * Too many changes to list here - Update to 16.12.3 * New bugfix release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-16.12.3.php - Changes since 16.12.2: * rename define, to match kdepim - Update to KDE Applications 16.12.2 * KDE Applications 16.12.2 * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-16.12.2.php - - Update to KDE Applications 16.12.1 * KDE Applications 16.12.1 * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-16.12.1.php - Update to KDE Applications 16.12.0 * KDE Applications 16.12.0 * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-16.12.0.php - Recommend kwebkitpart again instead of webenginepart for now, the latter crashes currently with Qt 5.7.1 (same reason as QTCREATORBUG-17296) and still lacks some KDE integration (e.g. storing passwords in kwallet, kde#372777) - Update to KDE Applications 16.11.90 * KDE Applications 16.12.0 RC * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-16.12-rc.php - Update to KDE Applications 16.11.80 * KDE Applications 16.12.0 Beta * https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-16.12-beta.php - Update spec-files to be consistent wiht KA
==== obs-service-set_version ==== Version update (0.5.6 -> 0.5.7)
- Update to version 0.5.7: * workaround for python3 locale problems in factory * add a hint to flake8 * satisfy flake8 * skip also sha256sums check for Arch
==== postfix ==== Version update (3.2.3 -> 3.2.4) Subpackages: postfix-doc
- update to 3.2.4 * DANE interoperability. Postfix builds with OpenSSL 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 failed to send email to some sites with "TLSA 2 X X" DNS records associated with an intermediate CA certificate. Problem report and initial fix by Erwan Legrand. * Missing dynamicmaps support in the Postfix sendmail command. This broke authorized_submit_users settings that use a dynamically-loaded map type. Problem reported by Ulrich Zehl.
==== powerdevil5 ==== Subpackages: powerdevil5-lang
- Recommend upower, to ensure it is installed for battery and brightness detection (boo#1065650, boo#1065642)
==== virt-manager ==== Subpackages: virt-install virt-manager-common
- Upstream bug fixes (bsc#1027942) 9a9f9ecd-ignore-comments-in-keymap-conf-files.patch 9617d126-systray-Use-APPLICATION_STATUS-for-appindicator.patch e73abe5a-diskbackend-convert-to-long-the-calculated-size.patch 6e6f59e7-diskbackend-get-a-proper-size-of-existing-block-device-while-cloning.patch 23aaf852-network-Set-bridge-name-to-None-instead-of-blank.patch d1e1cf64-progress-remove-trailing-white-space.patch 63fce081-pycodestyle-Use-isinstance-for-type-checking.patch 08a58d61-pycodestyle-remove-description-of-fixed-errors.patch bc3c9a9d-progress-remove-unused-import.patch 2d276ebe-progress-dont-overwrite-format.patch e2ad4b2f-convert-iteritems-to-items.patch dff00d4f-remove-deprecated-statvfs-module.patch 75210ed3-replace-StringIO-with-io.patch a2bcd6c4-dont-compare-between-None-and-int.patch 44de92b7-use-reload-from-imp-module.patch 69c84bea-import-reduce-from-functools-module.patch 37ea5207-replace-StandardError-with-Exception.patch f41aafc7-Use-enumerate-instead-of-range-and-len.patch 91c0669c-cli-Fix-OrderedDict-mutated-during-iteration-on-python3.patch b8fa0c6b-xmlnsqemu-order-XML-output-like-libvirt-does.patch d2648d81-virtconv-dont-implicitly-depend-on-dict-hash-order.patch 999dbb36-cli-Make-VirtCLIArgument-instantiation-less-crazy.patch 7f1b4cee-pycodestyle-fix-all-E125-warnings.patch d82022bd-manager-drop-python2-only-cmp-usage.patch 374a3779-urlfetcher-write-test-file-as-binary-content.patch f7c8cf9f-devicepanic-dont-return-empty-model-list.patch 3be78d1f-addhardware-dont-allow-panic-option-where-not-supported.patch 73de8285-systray-remove-redundant-variable-assignment.patch
==== virtualbox ==== Subpackages: virtualbox-host-kmp-default virtualbox-qt
- Add patch to handle LEAP 15 API change in wait queues. This change addresses boo#1064524. File "fixes_for_leap15.patch" is added to accomplish this task.