Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: btrfsmaintenance chrome-gnome-shell kiwi (7.04.32 -> 7.04.38) krita (3.3.1 -> 126.96.36.199) libgda pwgen (2.07 -> 2.08) xdg-desktop-portal-kde (5.11.2 -> 5.11.3) yast2-auth-client (3.3.17 -> 3.3.18)
=== Details ===
==== btrfsmaintenance ====
- Add btrfsmaintenance-0.3.1-fix-rpm-db-path.patch: * Change RPM database path to /usr/lib/sysimage/rpm for Tumbleweed.
==== chrome-gnome-shell ====
- Allow the plugin to be disabled by removing the force-enabled policy from upstream (boo#1061278). - Port to python3: + BuildRequire python3-base: /usr/bin/python3 is not implicit available in the buildroot yet. + Replace python-requests Requires with python3-requests. + Pass -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE to cmake, pointing to /usr/bin/python3. - Drop icon_theme_cache_post/postun scriptlets: no longer needed, since file triggers hancdle icon cache updates now. - Add gobject-introspection BuildRequires: allow rpm to find/add typelib() dependencies.
==== kiwi ==== Version update (7.04.32 -> 7.04.38) Subpackages: kiwi-desc-isoboot kiwi-desc-netboot kiwi-desc-oemboot kiwi-desc-vmxboot kiwi-doc kiwi-media-requires kiwi-templates
- v7.04.38 released - Keep NVMe drivers in the initrd to support systems with the root filesystem on NVMe devices - Perl 5.26 compatibility: find .kiwirc explicitly in ./ Since Perl 5.26, "." is no longer part of @INC thus adding it explicitly to the .kiwirc path. - v7.04.37 released - Fixup kiwi-tools requirement Follow up fix due to the conditional creation of the kiwi-tools sub package also the requires for the package on the base package must be conditional. Related to (bsc#1047291) - v7.04.36 released - Fix Travis config file This commit forces Travis to make use of Ubuntu Precise as the build env, since by default it has been upgraded to Trusty and some tests were failing due to this change. - Fix vmdk disk convertion when using LVM This patch fixes bsc#1059715. Calling 'pvs --noheadings -o vg_name <device>' is not sufficient to get the volume name and to determine if LVM is being used, as it could happen that udev events are not yet processed, thus the <device> is not yet properly mapped. With this patch blkid is being used to determine if the type of the requested partition is LVM and if so it proceeds to a polling strategy to call pvs tool until it succeeds. Timeout is set to 30 seconds. - Return 'string' instead of an object Commit e75ae3af3588a90db0b6d544fa2f8a7eb866e5e9 changed the returned value of setupBTRFSSubVolumes to an object resulting in an error to create the image on btrfs. - v7.04.35 released - Fixed grub bootloader setup for ec2 firmware In ec2 Xen is used but not detected as such by kiwi unless a domain configuration is provided in the image description. As this is a regression to the former behavior this patch makes sure the bootloader setup is appropriate depending on the firmware set to ec2|ec2hvm (bsc#1049178) - Do not include any suffix to the displayname value bsc#1029904 If displayname attribute in the description file is used we should not include any kind of suffix to that value. With this patch the grub2 menu entry does not include the image type suffix if the displayname option is used. Fixes bsc#1029904 - Follow up spec file fix for kiwi-pxeboot build Build failed due to installed but unpackaged tftpboot files This commit completes the conditional building of the sub package kiwi-pxeboot. Related to (bsc#1047291) - Limit creation of kiwi-pxeboot sub package Create kiwi-pxeboot package only for openSUSE <= 13.2 and SLE <= SLE12SP2. In any other case the kiwi-pxeboot package will be provided by the next generation python-kiwi packages. Related to (bsc#1047291) - Translated using Weblate (Norwegian Nynorsk) Currently translated at 3.5% (1 of 28 strings) - v7.04.34 released - Limit creation of kiwi-tools sub package Create kiwi-tools package only for openSUSE <= 13.2 and SLE <= SLE12SP2. In any other case the kiwi-tools package will be provided by the next generation python-kiwi packages. Fixes (bsc#1047291) - Translated using Weblate (Spanish) Currently translated at 100.0% (28 of 28 strings) - Translated using Weblate (Danish) Currently translated at 100.0% (28 of 28 strings) - Translated using Weblate (Danish) Currently translated at 100.0% (28 of 28 strings) - Translated using Weblate (Lithuanian) Currently translated at 100.0% (28 of 28 strings) - Translated using Weblate (Lithuanian) Currently translated at 96.4% (27 of 28 strings) - Fix baseSystemdCall method, fixes bsc#1041815 This commit fixes the parameters passed to the systemd calls, with the patch `baseService nfs-server off` can be executed without issues. - Update README Link style fixes - Update README reference next generation code base and docs - v7.04.33 released - Fix spelling of 'processor' https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=957927 - remove duplicated code IPADDR is assigned within dhclientImportInfo Signed-off-by: Dinar Valeev email@example.com
==== krita ==== Version update (3.3.1 -> 188.8.131.52) Subpackages: krita-lang
- Update to 184.108.40.206: * See https://krita.org/en/item/krita-3-3-2-release/ * Krita 3.3.1 would read brush presets with textures incorrectly. This is now fixed. * Animation: make it possible to render up to a 10,000 frames * Add a command-line option to start Krita with a new, empty image: krita --new-image RGBA,8,5000,3000 * Performance: improved caching for effect and selection masks * Performance: Fix a leak in the smudge brush * Performance: Improve performance when using the hardware-accelerated canvas * Performance, Windows: improve the performance when loading icons * Filters: it?s now possible to edit the filter?s settings directly in the xml that is used to save filter definitions to .krita files. * Filters: a new ASC_CDL color balance filter was added, with Slope, Offset and Power options. * Crashes: fix a crash that happened when closing a second document with infinite canvas active * Layers: Make it possible to copy group layers * UI: make it possible to use the scroll-wheel to scroll through patterns when the patterns palette is very narrow. * UI: Improve drag and drop feedback in the layer panel * UI: Hide the lock and collapse titlebar icons when a panel is floating
==== libgda ==== Subpackages: libgda-5_0-4 libgda-5_0-4-lang libgda-5_0-bdb libgda-5_0-sqlite libgda-ui-5_0-4 libgda-ui-5_0-plugins
- Update libgda-jre9.patch: be compatible with Java 9.*; javac -version strips trailing 0, so 9.0 is reported as 9, whereas 9.0.1 is reported as 9.0.1.
==== pwgen ==== Version update (2.07 -> 2.08)
- updated to version 2.08 * Suppress trailing space after the last password * Make pwgen -s more "secure" for 1 and 2 character passwords * Fix option parsing of "pwgen --no-capitalize --no-vowels" * Add new option --remove-chars which removes chars from the set of characters used to generate passwords * Add cross-compilation to debian/rules * Update control and copyright files to point at pwgen at github for the home directory and primary git repository - Drop 1 hunk that was fixed upsteam in pwgen-2.06-fdleaks.patch * merged in df7d8419ee44088eeeb9df92074914a659e90b15 - Cleanup spec file with spec-cleaner - Use macros more extensively in spec file
==== xdg-desktop-portal-kde ==== Version update (5.11.2 -> 5.11.3) Subpackages: xdg-desktop-portal-kde-lang
- Update to 5.11.3 * New bugfix release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.11.3.php - Changes since 5.11.2: * Email portal: add support for attachments
==== yast2-auth-client ==== Version update (3.3.17 -> 3.3.18)
- Upgrade to version 3.1.18 to introduce an RNC file that assists in autoyast XML validation (bsc#1062828).