On mardi, 27 décembre 2016 12.27:58 h CET Atri Bhattacharya wrote:
Hi, As a follow-up to my previous mail...
On Sun, 2016-12-25 at 17:17 +0530, Atri Bhattacharya wrote:
Dear Tumbleweed users, For the last few months, several people have worked on porting packages dependent on gstreamer v0.10 to updated gstreamer 1.x, and we are left with only a few (unmaintained by upstream?) packages in Factory which are still dependent on the old version and are not portable in a straightforward way. These are (apart from gstreamer-0_10 plugins):
I would like to now (in a couple of days) file drop requests for the entire gstreamer-0_10 stack for openSUSE:Factory. This is a consequence of the lack of upstream support for gstreamer < 1.0 (GStreamer 1.0 was released on September 24, 2012), which makes, for instance, security issues such as  difficult to track and fix. Having this in the Tumbleweed distro is therefore ill-advised.
...the following droprequests have now been filed for openSUSE:Factory
- https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/447869 gstreamer-0_10
- https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/447871 gstreamer-0_10-> plugins-bad
- https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/447872 gstreamer-0_10-> plugins-base
- https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/447873 gstreamer-0_10-> plugins-good
- https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/447874 gstreamer-0_10-> plugins-ugly
- https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/447875 python-gstreamer-> 0_10
- https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/447876 gstreamer-0_10-> plugins-gl
- https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/447877 gstreamer-0_10-> plugin-crystalhd
Thanks and best wishes.
I hope you understand that most people are away during the end of year holliday season, and giving only 48 hours to people to react seems to be a bit offensive, in terms of approach, don't you think ?
I would like to dig into pgadmin3 why it would need gst. We don't have any replacement tool for the moment, (pgadmin4 is not 100% ready for use by mass) so we can't simply drop it because of...
But I need free time, which I will only have a bit next week, if nothing goes bad.