Am Freitag, 19. September 2014 schrieb Michael Schroeder:
we're going to update the openSUSE bugzilla from ancient version 3.4.3 to version 4.4.5. We do this mainly for three reasons:
Thanks for the bugzilla update and all the improvements!
I still have to get familiar with the new look (after using the "old" design for years, the new design looks a bit strange here and there ;-) but let me mention some (more or less small) issued I noticed:
- in the bug list, the bugs are no longer colored by severity (for example, "major" bugs were orange and "enhancement" were green) To answer the expected question: in the preferences, I have list_color: Site Default (color_severity) Using color_priority doesn't change or "paint" anything.
- while we are at the preferences - "list_color" and "use_bug_entry" should have a more friendly label. (BTW: what does use_bug_entry do?)
- another preference issue: the "Prefered email format" defaults to HTML (even for existing users like me). I doubt this is a good idea - can you change the default to plaintext, please?
- in the bug list, the "Product" column is basically useless - it shows "openSUSE" for 99% of my bugs. That's caused by cutting off after 8 characters, which means the interesting part (like "13.1" or "Factory" is cut off. (Yes, I noticed the tooltip, but hovering over one bug after the other is not a good way to get a quick overview.)
- the "Version" column has a similar problem - for Factory, I only see things like "13.2" (that's Milestone 0) or "20140" (which can be anything from 201401* to 201409*)
- in show_bug.cgi, having all details like product, component, hardware, URL etc. on top is a bit annoying (I always have to scroll down) - is there a way to get all those fields (including the "attachments" section) back to the bottom?
- when clicking on a field label (for example "Whiteboard"), the help is opened in the same window - I have to use the "back" button to come back to the bugreport. IMHO opening the help in a new tab/window would be nice.
- when viewing a bug, there's no obvious sign/note if a bug is "novellonly". The only hint are the "Users in the roles selected below can always view this bug" checkboxes, which aren't displayed in public bug reports. The group name isn't displayed anywhere. Can we get the more verbose note back, please?
- the favicon is wrong ;-) - currently I get the bugzilla logo, but would expect the Novell or openSUSE logo (depending on the domain)
- oh, and a funny one - in the "Bugzilla Upgrade Slidedeck", the last slide says "_Unpublished_ Work of The Attachmate Group" ;-))
After shocking you with this series of problems, I also have to mention something really positive: I'm happy to see that we finally have user lookup working for everybody :-) - you probably know that I was asking for this for years.