Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: gsl (1.16 -> 2.1) texlive (6.2.1 -> 6.2.2) texlive-specs-m (2015.105.svn37789 -> 2016.110.svn40218) yakuake yast2-schema (3.1.6 -> 3.1.7)
=== Details ===
==== gsl ==== Version update (1.16 -> 2.1)
- Update to version 2.1 * added gsl_multifit_linear_rcond() to compute reciprocal condition number of least squares matrix * added gsl_multilarge module for large linear least squares systems New in version 2.0 * added L-curve analysis routines for linear Tikhonov regression * add running statistics module * added bilinear and bicubic interpolation * added function gsl_multifit_robust_residuals to compute robust fit residuals * added Steffen monotonic interpolation method * added new nonlinear least squares solver 'lmniel' suitable for systems with large numbers of data * nonlinear least squares solver now tracks the number of function Jacobian evaluations, see example program for details * the 'fdf' field of gsl_multifit_function_fdf is now deprecated and does not need to be specified for nonlinear least squares problems * added extensive test suite to nonlinear least squares module, resulting in a few minor bug fixes; the routine gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_driver has been rewritten (with API change) to handle the various error codes of the lmsder iterate routine, resulting in a high level caller which is highly robust for a wide class of problems * added support for sparse matrices, including a GMRES iterative linear solver * added routines gsl_linalg_givens and gsl_linalg_givens_gv for Givens rotations * added Tikhonov (ridge) regularization to least squares module (linear and nonlinear) * Drop obsolete gsl-sorting-complex-numbers.patch - Disable multifit test for 32-bit systems * gsl-disable-multifit-test.patch - Fix build on PowerPC systems * gsl-rstat-test-powerpc.patch
==== texlive ==== Version update (6.2.1 -> 6.2.2)
- Update biblatex-biber to version 2.5 as otherwise the biber indexing engine is not usable due version mismatch (boo#989486) - Avoid missing dependencies due upstream package splits - Use the latest revision of upmendex/fwrite.c (r.41498) to get stack smashing fixed as well as a working upmendex - Avoid stack smashing deteted on i586 in upmendex/fwrite.c - Add patch biber-perl-pre5.22.0.dif as with perl 5.18 and below fastsort does not work - Update to TeXLive 2016 * Remove the now included patches biber-perl-5.22.dif biber-perl-unicode-normalize.dif biber-skip-bibtex-forms.dif source-xdvik-events.dif * Adopted the following patches biber-certs.dif source-configure.dif source-dvipng.dif source-dviutils.dif source-missed-scripts.dif source-warns.dif source.dif
==== texlive-specs-m ==== Version update (2015.105.svn37789 -> 2016.110.svn40218)
- Avoid missing dependencies due upstream package splits - Avoid extend spec sciptlets for changing language hyphen file but write out the pieces of the hyphen entries into seperate files to be able to generate the final language hyphen files (boo#984878) - Move spectra.data.tex from doc to main package of pgf-spectra (boo#985578) - Update to TeXLive 2016 - Delete dvipdfmx.post and xetex.post and use the upstream perl scripts - Modify the patches kpathsea_cnf.dif latex2man_tmphandling.dif luaotfload_varfonts.dif musixtex_various.dif tetex_scripts.dif texconfig_scripts.dif texdoc_cnf.dif texdraw_info.dif texlive-specs.changes
==== yakuake ==== Subpackages: yakuake-lang
- Add yakuake-appdata-xml-desktop-ref.patch: fix the .desktop file referenced in the appdata.xml: yakuake.desktop -> org.kde.yakuake.desktop.
==== yast2-schema ==== Version update (3.1.6 -> 3.1.7)
- Add ssh_import section (fate#319624) - 3.1.7