Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: adobe-sourcehansans-fonts dpdk (16.11.1_k4.10.9_1 -> 16.11.1_k4.10.10_1) hexchat kernel-source (4.10.9 -> 4.10.10) kexec-tools kiwi-config-openSUSE libvirt mtr obs-service-tar_scm (0.7.0.1490358243.8de854e -> 0.7.0.1492101301.747de50) openCOLLADA (1.6.25 -> 1.6.43) perl-BSD-Resource (1.2910 -> 1.2911) perl-Class-Load (0.23 -> 0.24) perl-Class-Load-XS (0.09 -> 0.10) perl-Sub-Identify (0.13 -> 0.14) pfstools python-kiwi (9.4.0 -> 9.4.10) splix (2.0.0 -> 188.8.131.525) thunar (1.6.10 -> 1.6.11) wireshark (2.2.5 -> 2.2.6)
=== Details ===
==== adobe-sourcehansans-fonts ====
- (Really?) update to 1.002 which has the license change to SIL OFL and actually ships the license in the zipfile.
==== dpdk ==== Version update (16.11.1_k4.10.9_1 -> 16.11.1_k4.10.10_1)
- Enable HAVE_TRANS_START_HELPER for SLE12SP3(bsc#1031705). [+0003-kni-define-HAVE_TRANS_START_HELPER-for-SLES12SP3.patch]
==== hexchat ==== Subpackages: hexchat-lang
- Add dependency on iso-codes and hwdata as hexchat tries to use them (boo#1034310)
==== kernel-source ==== Version update (4.10.9 -> 4.10.10) Subpackages: kernel-default kernel-default-devel kernel-devel kernel-docs kernel-macros kernel-syms
- Linux 4.10.10 (CVE-2017-7261 CVE-2017-7294 bnc#1012628 boo#1031052 boo#1031440). - Delete patches.drivers/drm-vmwgfx-NULL-pointer-dereference-in-vmw_surface_define_ioctl.patch. - Delete patches.drivers/drm-vmwgfx-fix-integer-overflow-in-vmw_surface_define_ioctl.patch. - commit a78ebd0 - drm/nouveau/kms/nv50: fix double dma_fence_put() when destroying plane state (bsc#1032285). - commit 739eada
==== kexec-tools ====
- fix kexec-bootloader with /boot partition (boo#1033599)
==== kiwi-config-openSUSE ====
- Use eurlatgr.psfu instead of lat9w-16.psfu as default font
==== libvirt ==== Subpackages: libvirt-client libvirt-daemon libvirt-daemon-config-network libvirt-daemon-config-nwfilter libvirt-daemon-driver-interface libvirt-daemon-driver-libxl libvirt-daemon-driver-lxc libvirt-daemon-driver-network libvirt-daemon-driver-nodedev libvirt-daemon-driver-nwfilter libvirt-daemon-driver-qemu libvirt-daemon-driver-secret libvirt-daemon-driver-storage libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-core libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-disk libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-iscsi libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-logical libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-mpath libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-rbd libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-scsi libvirt-daemon-driver-uml libvirt-daemon-driver-vbox libvirt-daemon-lxc libvirt-daemon-qemu libvirt-daemon-xen libvirt-libs
- qemu: Fix regression when hyperv/vendor_id feature is used Added patch: ae102b5d7-qemu-fix-regression-when-hyperv-vendor_id-feature-is-used.patch boo#1033893
==== mtr ====
- add mtr-0.87-dont_copy_makefile.patch in order not to overwrite generated Makefile with the Makefile.dist in distclean if the second build runs less than 3 seconds. This causes build to fail [bsc#1020147]
==== obs-service-tar_scm ==== Version update (0.7.0.1490358243.8de854e -> 0.7.0.1492101301.747de50)
- Only BuildRequire packages needed for testsuite if the testsuite is enabled - Update to version 0.7.0.1492101301.747de50: * skip broken tests temporarily - Update to version 0.7.0.1492095435.eda090e: * revision, repodir and repocachedir as attribute for TarSCM.<scm> * new class TarSCM.cli to make testing easier * testing script name more reliable * fixed arguments for singletask in case of snapcraft * refactored snapcraft code + first tests for snapcraft * added testcase for snapcraft finalize * split classes into several files * track module dependencies in requirements.txt * use unittest2 in Python 2.6 * more testing for TarSCM.tasks * clone_dir/repodir/arch_dir(tar_dir)/args now attributes of scm objects * test case for save_run * major refactor of git cache handling * consolidation of archive.obscpio and archive.tar parameters * next test cases * unset CACHEDIRECTORY env variable in unit tests * update atime/mtime of repocachedir if already exists * prevent key errors when $HOME is not set * fix PEP8 problems and reenable PEP8 testing * keep checkout while running with osc * fix local checkout when running in osc * force remove of files while 'make clean' * fix: also exclude directories when called .git * fix problems with generatechanges when ~/.obs/tar_scm exists * initial appimage support * Provide version rewrite using a regex pattern and replacement. * new parameter --match-tag to filter tags * keep .gitlab/.github directories - Update to version 0.7.0.1491998613.3890456: * refactor of detect_changes into classes * url as attribute of TarSCM.scm * run_cmd and safe_run moved into class helpers * combine os.path.join statement * refactoring fetch_upstream to be part of TarSCM.scm * new classes for archives * common method 'get_current_commit' to get rid of exception for git * refactored detect_changes to get rid of changesgenerate exception * get_repocachedir -> TarSCM.scm * Add description to the README.md file - split services into own rpms
==== openCOLLADA ==== Version update (1.6.25 -> 1.6.43) Subpackages: libGeneratedSaxParser0_2 libMathMLSolver0_2 libOpenCOLLADABaseUtils0_2 libOpenCOLLADAFramework0_2 libOpenCOLLADASaxFrameworkLoader0_2 libUTF0_2
- RPM group fix - Update to version 1.6.43 - Rebased opencollada-no-undefined.patch - Added openCOLLADA-no-daevalidator.patch to prevent the building of the app DAEvalidator which tries to use internal zlib. - For upstream changes see: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCOLLADA/tree/v1.6.43
==== perl-BSD-Resource ==== Version update (1.2910 -> 1.2911)
- updated to 1.2911 see /usr/share/doc/packages/perl-BSD-Resource/ChangeLog 2017-04-07 Jarkko Hietaniemi firstname.lastname@example.org * Prepend "./" to require-d pathnames in tests, in preparation of Perl 5.26.0. [cpan #120993] * Add RLIMIT_POSIXLOCKS from DragonFly BSD. * Release 1.2911.
==== perl-Class-Load ==== Version update (0.23 -> 0.24)
- updated to 0.24 see /usr/share/doc/packages/perl-Class-Load/Changes 0.24 2017-04-10 21:12:31Z - fix test to handle altered Test::Without::Module exception message (PR#2, Paul Howarth)
==== perl-Class-Load-XS ==== Version update (0.09 -> 0.10)
- updated to 0.10 see /usr/share/doc/packages/perl-Class-Load-XS/Changes 0.10 2017-04-11 - fix test to handle altered Test::Without::Module exception message
==== perl-Sub-Identify ==== Version update (0.13 -> 0.14)
- updated to 0.14 see /usr/share/doc/packages/perl-Sub-Identify/Changes 0.14 2017-04-11 RGARCIA - Make tests pass without . in @INC (actual fix, by James E Keenan)
==== pfstools ==== Subpackages: libpfs2 pfscalibration pfstmo
- Grammatical corrections to descriptions. - Replace %__-type indirect macros.
==== python-kiwi ==== Version update (9.4.0 -> 9.4.10) Subpackages: kiwi-pxeboot kiwi-tools
- Bump version: 9.4.9 ? 9.4.10 - Add warning logs for unkown base image URIs - Update spec template for SLE13->SLE15 - Rename SLE13 to SLE15 - Follow up fix for grub2 setup in live builder The live iso builder still used a fixed boot/grub2 path but due to the refactoring this path is now distro dependant and should be obtained dynamically - Cleanup use of bootloader path in boot code Instead of repeating the bootloader path only specify it once per setup path - Add method to setup installation of recommended packages With this commit package manager are always set to include only required packages or set to include required and recommended packages. This commit fixes #285 - Bump version: 9.4.8 ? 9.4.9 - Update development and contribution chapter Fix some minor inconsistencies due to latest code changes with regards to py2 and py3 compatibility and also change the style of the chapter to be more straight forward for people who would like to contribute from scratch - Bump version: 9.4.7 ? 9.4.8 - Fixup grub2 template parameters The boot_directory_name parameters was missing for live and install image builds - Bump version: 9.4.6 ? 9.4.7 - Fixup grub2 bios module setup Only copy grub2 bios modules if the architecture supports it - Bump version: 9.4.5 ? 9.4.6 - Avoid GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR setup in etc/default/grub The GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR information can't be provided in a generic way for all distributions. The information should be either placed by a package post script (as done by most of the distributions) or by a custom kiwi config.sh or images.sh script. Fixes #286 Fixes (bsc#1032119) - Added support for unknown uri types for base image references This commits bypasses any URI check if the uri schema is unknown in RootImport class. This way the URI is bypassed to skopeo if it couldn't be translated to any known type. That enables referencing images with any URI supported by skopeo, i.e. DockerHub images. - Keep imported image in OCI format instead of docker Kiwi always uses OCI format for container manipulations, so it is easier to assume the image kept between prepare and create step is also in OCI format, this way less format convertions are needed. - Fixup bootloader menu title setup If the menu title is setup via the displayname attribute in the XML configuration, kiwi should not change this text by a prefix or any other style adaptions. Fixes #287 Fixes (bsc#1032118) - Fixup copy of array in boot code The filtered nic interface names are stored in an array and copied back into the original array. The copy of the array was semantically wrong - Fixup grub2 setup and tool calls Depending on the distribution the grub tools are either named grub2-tool or grub-tool. Additionally the grub configuration data is expected to live in boot/grub2 or boot/grub. This commit handles the tool calls and also the grub boot directory setup in a generic way - Include SLE13 boot descriptions for x86_64 and arm This commit includes boot descriptions for SLE13, the descriptions are based on leap 42.3. - Delete obsolete ec2 disk format The ec2 value in the format attribute is deprecated and no longer supported It remained in the schema for a while and has now reached EOL - Bump version: 9.4.4 ? 9.4.5 - Fixup theme setup in boot Make sure grub theme data is populated in the boot directory. Checking only for the presence of the theme directory is not enough. If the theme directory in boot does not contain the requested theme it must be provided including a warning if the theme data could not be found in the system - Do not change the API in an incompatible way - Use request_package_exclusion method in prepare - Refactor method name of package manager interface The request_package_lock was renamed into request_package_exclusion because that is the goal, to actually exclude(skip) a package. From an implementation point of view this is done to set a lock in the zypper case. However other package managers might do it differently. The interface should stay consistent with regards to the user goal and not with the package manager specific implementation. This Fixes #248 - Added <oem-nic-filter> element Allow network interface names to be filtered by the given regular expression. The expression is handled by the bash regexp operator. Interface names matching the rule will be filtered out, all others stay. It is also possible to pass the variable kiwi_oemnicfilter as kernel command line in a PXE deployment. Fixes #245 - Bump version: 9.4.3 ? 9.4.4 - Delete no longer needed btrfs bootpath setup The adaption of the bootpath in the grub.cfg file with regards to the btrfs toplevel volume named '@' was the wrong solution. The fixes in the btrfs filesystem setup and the config files etc/default/grub and sysconfig/bootloader caused the grub toolchain to work properly. This Fixes (bsc#1030038) - Convert user input to absolute paths This commit converts the paths provided by the user with the command line to absolute paths. The effected arguments are: * --root * --target-dir * --bundle-dir This supersedes and fixes #271 - Support editbootconfig also for the iso type This Fixes #274 - ensure grub.cfg exists in EFI path for iso images For live and install iso image boot configurations the bootloader configuration must also exist in the EFI boot path - Throw a proper msg on missing filesystem reference Don't set a filesystem factor if no filesystem reference is set - Throw a proper exception on missing boot reference - Update schema documentation Add explanation for attributes with no documentation Fixup explanation for hybrid attribute - Recommend jing in case of XML validation errors, jing is used to provide good error messages. jing as a requirement will pull in all of java which is unwanted, but a Recommends seems appropriate - Update flags attribute and its documentation Delete the seed and compressed value as it is not implemented and won't be supported in the future. Properly document the existing overlay methods - Added doc info for kiwinoswapsearch boot parameter - Bump version: 9.4.2 ? 9.4.3 - Fixed checksum file creation If the checksum should be created from a compressed file it is expected that the checksum of the uncompressed file is added to the checksum file. This is because in a pxe deployment the uncompressed version of the file is put on disk and compared with the reference information in the checksum file - Refactor ip link detection There is no reliable way to check if a link is unplugged, thus the code has changed into the following workflow 1. use interfaces which returns success on ip link set up 2. wait for the UP state on all of these interfaces and return if one of them enters the UP state 3. call a fixed wait state to allow to kernel network drivers to settle 4. run through all remaining interfaces, discover the link state and call a DHCP discovery - Bump version: 9.4.1 ? 9.4.2 - Fixup pxe builder filesystem image rootfs was not in toplevel - Bump version: 9.4.0 ? 9.4.1 - Fixup pxe builder Generate a tarball containing all relevant pxe boot result files instead of a bunch of extra files. This also turns the pxe builder to be compatible again with the legacy kiwi pxe bundler - Don't create shasum over an md5 file
==== splix ==== Version update (2.0.0 -> 184.108.40.2065)
- Disable jbigkit for SLE11. - Change of conditional to build with jbigkit by default. - Update to latest SVN revision 315 of Splix. That version -- which was unfortunately never released -- brings support for many new printers and solves bsc#1007864. The update obsoletes splix-2.0.0-gcc45.patch, which was applied upstream. Also, splix-add-debuginfo.patch has been partially applied upstream and could be simplified. Note that the new version of SpliX has bumped an internal version number and therefore requires users to re-register their printer in CUPS. If this is not done, then CUPS will complain about a version number mismatch.
==== thunar ==== Version update (1.6.10 -> 1.6.11) Subpackages: libthunarx-2-0 thunar-lang
- Update to 1.6.11: * Fix a crash for on cut/pasting of multiple files (bxo#12260) * Fix a crash when renaming files (bxo#12264) * Fix missing return value for debug in thunar_file_reload (bxo#12827) * Fix thunar history being deleted after view change (bxo#12708) * Expand the name column by default in details view (bxo#11357) * Silently ignore G_IO_ERROR_FAILED_HANDLED (bxo#8695) * Fixing missing return value in standard view * Fix crashes when reloading target file after move (bxo#11983) * Translation updates: Arabic, Asturian, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Danish, Dutch (Flemish), English (Australia), English (Great Britain), Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmal, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Slovak, Swedish - Remove thunar-bugfixes.patch (fixed upstream)
==== wireshark ==== Version update (2.2.5 -> 2.2.6) Subpackages: libwireshark8 libwiretap6 libwscodecs1 libwsutil7 wireshark-ui-qt
- Wireshark 2.2.6: This release fixes minor vulnerabilities that could be used to trigger a dissector crash or infinite loops by sending specially crafted packages over the network or into a capture file: * CVE-2017-7700: NetScaler file parser infinite loop (bsc#1033936) * CVE-2017-7701: BGP dissector infinite loop (bsc#1033937) * CVE-2017-7702: WBMXL dissector infinite loop (bsc#1033938) * CVE-2017-7703: IMAP dissector crash (bsc#1033939) * CVE-2017-7704: DOF dissector infinite loop (bsc#1033940) * CVE-2017-7705: RPCoRDMA dissector infinite loop (bsc#1033941) * CVE-2017-7745: SIGCOMP dissector infinite loop (bsc#1033942) * CVE-2017-7746: SLSK dissector long loop (bsc#1033943) * CVE-2017-7747: PacketBB dissector crash (bsc#1033944) * CVE-2017-7748: WSP dissector infinite loop (bsc#1033945) - Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-2.2.6.html