Since this update I get following error when cifs mounting via systemd:
CIFS: Unknown mount option "symfollow"
Installing a previous version of libmount1 resolves the issue.
Does anyone happen to know if this is a configuration matter or if it would be a bug?
On woensdag 3 februari 2021 15:01:20 CET Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug
. For more information on filing bugs please
util-linux (2.35.1 -> 2.36.1)
util-linux-systemd (2.35.1 -> 2.36.1)
==== util-linux ====
Version update (2.35.1 -> 2.36.1)
Subpackages: libblkid1 libblkid1-32bit libfdisk1 libmount1 libmount1-32bit
libsmartcols1 libuuid-devel libuuid1 libuuid1-32bit util-linux-lang
- Do not require libeconf-devel on products without /usr/etc.
- remove pam_securetty line again. As long as there is no agreement
from pam side having it would fail openQA (boo#1033626)
- Update to version 2.36.1:
* chrt: use SCHED_FLAG_RESET_ON_FORK for sched_setattr()
* fallocate: fix --dig-holes at end of files
* fdisk: always report fdisk_create_disklabel() errors
* flock: keep -E exit status more restrictive
* fstrim: remove fstab condition from fstrim.timer
* hexdump: automatically use -C when called as hd
* hwclock: add fallback if SYS_settimeofday does not exist, fix
* libblkid: allow a lot of mac partitions, fix Atari prober logic,
limit amount of parsed partitions
* more libfdisk improvements
* losetup: avoid infinite busy loop, increase limit of setup
* lsblk: fix -T optional argument, fix SCSI_IDENT_SERIAL, print
zero rather than empty SIZE, read ID_SCSI_IDENT_SERIAL if
* lscpu: Add FUJITSU aarch64 A64FX cpupart, Even more Arm part
numbers, avoid segfault on PowerPC systems with valid hardware
* mount: Add support for "nosymfollow" mount option.
* pg: fix wcstombs()
* sfdisk: correct --json --dump false exclusive, fix backward
* vipw: fix short write handling in copyfile
* whereis: fix out of boundary read, support zst compressed man
* minor code improvements and fixes
* minor licensing changes
* improve docs
- Require both group(uuidd) and user(uuidd).
- Do search /usr/sbin for mount helpers. (This drops /sbin/fs,
/sbin/fs.d, which we do not use in openSUSE.)
- prepare usrmerge (boo#1029961)
- Modernize patch util-linux-sulogin4bsc1175514.patch
* Try to autoconfigure broken serial lines
- Add patch util-linux-sulogin4bsc1175514.patch
Avoid sulogin failing on not existing or not functional console
- Fix default permissions of wall and write.
- Update to version 2.36:
* blkdiscard(8) refuses to proceed if filesystem or RAID
signatures are found in interactive mode (executed on a
terminal). The option --force is required to the discard