Am 04.01.20 um 21:01 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
==== NetworkManager ==== Version update (1.18.4 -> 1.22.2) Subpackages: NetworkManager-lang libnm0 typelib-1_0-NM-1_0
- Update to version 1.22.2:
- Fix multiple issues in the internal DHCP client, including wrong parsing of search domains and classless routes options, and failures in obtaining and renewing the lease with certain server configurations.
- Export NM_CAPABILITY_OVS capability on D-Bus and in libnm to indicate that the OVS plugin is loaded.
- Fix libnm annotations for nm_sriov_vf_get_vlan_ids() to allow the usage of the function through GObject introspection.
- Update to version 1.22.0:
- Drop support for BlueZ 4. BlueZ 5 was released in 2012 and should nowadays be available everywhere.
- DHCP: switch "internal" DHCPv4 plugin from code based on systemd to use nettools' n-dhcp4 library.
- Add support for "scope" attribute for IPv4 routes.
- Add support for specifying IAID and FQDN flags for DHCP request.
- Add a '802-1x.optional' property to consider the wired 802.1X authentication as optional.
- Use the Network Cost Wi-Fi information element to determine metered device state.
- Support main.auth-polkit=root-only setting to disable PolicyKit use and restrict authorization to root user.
- core: declare "startup complete" when device reaches "connected" state, even if IP addressing methods did not yet fully complete. This changes behavior for unblocking "NetworkManager-wait-online.service", and "network-online.target" earlier. If this causes issues in your setup, you may need to configure "ipv4.may-fail=no" or "ipv6.may-fail=no", which delays reaching "connected" state for the address family accordingly.
- libnm: hide NMObject and NMClient typedefs from header files. This prevents the user from subclassing these types and is an ABI change (in the unlikely case that a user was subclassing the types, which is no longer supported).
- libnm: retire deprecated WiMAX API NMDeviceWimax and NMWimaxNsp. WiMAX support was removed from NetworkManager in version 1.2 (2016) and no such type instances would have been created by NMClient for a while now.
- Deprecate synchronous API for D-Bus calls in libnm. We don't remove libnm API so you are free to continue using it. But tells you that using it might be a bad idea.
- libnm: heavily internal rework NMClient. This slims down libnm and makes the implementation more efficient. NMClient should work now well with a separate GMainContext.
- Add `nmcli general reload` subcommand to reload NetworkManager configuration and DNS settings.
- nm-cloud-setup: add new tool for automatically configuring NetworkManager in cloud. This is still experimental and currently only EC2 and IPv4 is supported.
- Add new NetworkManager logo to "contrib/art/logo".
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
- Disable networkmanager-checks-po.patch: Needs rebase.
- Add new nm-cloud-setup.service to pre/post/preun/postun calls.
- Update to version 1.20.8:
- Fix handling of system CA certificates in the ifcfg parser.
- Handle ReachableTime and RetransTimer from IPv6 Router Advertisements.
- Fixed setting of MTU according to its parent device for some device types.
- Various fixes for the initramfs configuration genertor.
- Update to version 1.20.6:
- Fix updating agent-owned VPN secrets.
- Adjust IWD support to new D-Bus path of IWD 1.0.
- Introduce an 'optional' property in the 802-1x setting to allow the activation to proceed in case of missing authenticator.
- Fix ARP announcements for IP addresses configured on interfaces.
- Use proper interface when adding s390 specific details in initrd generator.
- Don't disable PMF on Wi-Fi connections using SAE.
- Properly handle uint16 property types in libnm.
After today's update to TW20200103 Networkmanager does not provide information about the security type of wifi networks anymore (KDE Plasma 5.17.4-> network applet->wifi connection->Details->Security type: "Unkown security type" instead of WPA2-PSK).
Any idea? Upstream issue? Thx.