Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: apparmor cpupower gstreamer-rtsp-server installation-images-Kubic (14.349 -> 14.352) libyui-ncurses (2.49.0 -> 2.50.0) mpc mpfr (3.1.6 -> 4.0.0) ncurses perl-XML-LibXSLT (1.94 -> 1.95) qqc2-desktop-style (5.40.0 -> 5.41.0) squid (3.5.27 -> 4.0.22) unclutter
=== Details ===
==== apparmor ==== Subpackages: apparmor-abstractions apparmor-docs apparmor-parser apparmor-parser-lang apparmor-profiles apparmor-utils apparmor-utils-lang pam_apparmor pam_apparmor-32bit perl-apparmor python3-apparmor
- update to AppArmor 2.12 - preserve errno across aa_*_unref() functions - see https://gitlab.com/apparmor/apparmor/wikis/Release_Notes_2.12 for the detailed upstream changelog - no longer package static libapparmor.a - update to AppArmor 2.11.95 aka 2.12 beta1 - no changes in libapparmor - see http://wiki.apparmor.net/index.php/ReleaseNotes_2_11_95 for the detailed upstream changelog - update to AppArmor 2.11.1 - mostly test-related changes in libapparmor - see http://wiki.apparmor.net/index.php/ReleaseNotes_2_11_1 for upstream changelog - Fix RPM groups - split libapparmor into separate spec to get rid of build loop involving mariadb, systemd, apparmor, libapr and mariadb again (see the discussion in SR 448871 for details) - libapparmor.spec is based on the AppArmor 2.11 apparmor.spec, but with minimum BuildRequires
==== cpupower ==== Subpackages: libcpupower0
- Add x86_energy_perf_bias tool This is a tool which is, same as turbostat, located in kernel sources here: tools/power/x86/ A x86_energy_perf_policy-17.05.11.tar.bz2 A x86_perf_fix_man_permissions.patch A x86_perf_makefile_fix_asm_header.patch
==== gstreamer-rtsp-server ====
- Add gst-rtsp-server-Set-udpsink_out-ttl-mc-property.patch: rtsp: Set udpsink_out ttl-mc property on creation (bgo#791743). - Clean up spec, silence some rpmlint warnings. - Drop explicit libgstrtspserver-1_0-0 and typelib-1_0-GstRtspServer-1_0 Obsoletes and Provides: Not needed and only leads to a rpmlint warning. - Add gstreamer-rtsp-server-rpmlintrc: Filter out bogus warning about missing dependencies in devel package.
==== installation-images-Kubic ==== Version update (14.349 -> 14.352)
- merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#226 - simplify definitions for libstoragemgmt image - 14.352 - avoid explicit dependency on python-libstoragemgmt - merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#224 - switch to using unified-installer-release - fix typo: must be sles, not sle - 14.351 - clean up spec file and remove support for pre-sle15 distros - merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#223 - create user/group entries for chrony (fate#323432) - 14.350
==== libyui-ncurses ==== Version update (2.49.0 -> 2.50.0)
- Removed is_linetouched() function that clashes with a macro of the same name of newer NCurses libs (bsc#1074600) - 2.50.0
==== mpc ====
- Add mpc-1.0.3-addsubulp.diff and mpc-1.0.3-fmma.diff to fix build with mpfr 4.0.0. - Add gpg signature - Add info scriplet dependencies and move them to correct sections - Cleanup spec file with spec-cleaner
==== mpfr ==== Version update (3.1.6 -> 4.0.0)
- Update to mpfr 4.0.0 * The "dinde aux marrons" release. * MPFR now depends on GMP 5.0+ instead of 4.1+. * API change: Applications that call GMP's mp_set_memory_functions function to change the allocators must first call the new function mpfr_mp_memory_cleanup in all threads where MPFR is potentially used; this new function is currently equivalent to mpfr_free_cache. The reason is that the way memory allocation is done by MPFR has changed (again), so that the current GMP allocators are used (since for some applications, the old allocators may become invalid). Note: Freeing the caches like this might have a performance impact on some particular applications; if this is an issue, this could be handled for a future MPFR version. * Mini-gmp support via the --enable-mini-gmp configure option (experimental). * The minimum precision MPFR_PREC_MIN is now 1, with rounding defined as in the errata of IEEE 754-2008 and in the following IEEE 754 revision (ties rounded away from zero). * Shared caches for multithreaded applications. New function mpfr_free_cache2. * Partial support of MPFR_RNDF (faithful rounding). * New functions: mpfr_fpif_export and mpfr_fpif_import to export and import numbers in a floating-point interchange format, independent both on the number of bits per word and on the endianness. * New function mpfr_fmodquo to return the low bits of the quotient corresponding to mpfr_fmod. * New functions mpfr_flags_clear, mpfr_flags_set, mpfr_flags_test, mpfr_flags_save and mpfr_flags_restore to operate on groups of flags. * New functions mpfr_set_float128 and mpfr_get_float128 to convert from/to the __float128 type (requires --enable-float128 and compiler support). * New functions mpfr_buildopt_float128_p and mpfr_buildopt_sharedcache_p. * New functions mpfr_rint_roundeven and mpfr_roundeven, completing the other similar round-to-integer functions for rounding to nearest with the even-rounding rule. * New macro mpfr_round_nearest_away to add partial emulation of the rounding to nearest-away (as defined in IEEE 754-2008). * New functions mpfr_nrandom and mpfr_erandom to generate random numbers following normal and exponential distributions respectively. * New functions mpfr_fmma and mpfr_fmms to compute a*b+c*d and a*b-c*d. * New function mpfr_rootn_ui, similar to mpfr_root, but agreeing with the rootn function of the IEEE 754-2008 standard. * New functions mpfr_log_ui to compute the logarithm of an integer, mpfr_gamma_inc for the incomplete Gamma function. * New function mpfr_beta for the Beta function (incomplete, experimental). * New function mpfr_get_q to convert a floating-point number into rational. * The mpfr_dump function is now described in the manual; its output format has slightly changed. * The mpfr_eint function now returns the value of the E1/eint1 function for negative argument. * The behavior of the mpfr_set_exp function changed, as it could easily yield undefined behavior in some cases (this modifies both the API and the ABI). * In function mpfr_urandom, the next random state no longer depends on the current exponent range and the rounding mode. The exceptions due to the rounding of the random number are now correctly generated, following the uniform distribution. * Functions mpfr_grandom and mpfr_root are deprecated and will be removed in a future release. * Complete rewrite of function mpfr_sum, which now works in all cases (the old one could take all the memory and/or crash with inputs of different magnitudes in case of huge cancellation or table maker's dilemma). The sign of an exact zero result is now specified, and the return value is now the usual ternary value. Note that the position of "const" in the mpfr_sum prototype has been fixed (the manual was correct); user code should not be affected. * Old, deprecated macros mpfr_add_one_ulp and mpfr_sub_one_ulp removed. The mpfr_next* functions should be used instead. * Internally, improved caching: a minimum of 10% increase of the precision is guaranteed to avoid too many recomputations. * Added internal small-precision mpz_t pool, which aims to avoid the overhead of memory allocation, in particular. New function mpfr_free_pool. * Added configure option --enable-assert=none to avoid checking any assertion. * The --enable-decimal-float configure option no longer requires - -with-gmp-build, and support for decimal floats is now automatically detected by default (similarly for support for __float128). * Updated tuning parameters. * Better support for Automake 1.13+ (now used to generate the tarball). * Dropped K&R C compatibility. * Improved MPFR manual. * New MPFRbench program (see the tools/bench directory). * Major speedup in mpfr_add, mpfr_sub, mpfr_mul, mpfr_div and mpfr_sqrt when all operands have the same precision and this precision is less than twice the number of bits per word, e.g., less than 128 on a 64-bit computer. * Speedup by a factor of almost 2 in the double <--> mpfr conversions (mpfr_set_d and mpfr_get_d). * Speedup in mpfr_log1p and mpfr_atanh for small arguments. * Speedup in the mpfr_const_euler function (contributed by Fredrik Johansson), in the computation of Bernoulli numbers (used in mpfr_gamma, mpfr_li2, mpfr_digamma, mpfr_lngamma and mpfr_lgamma), in mpfr_div, in mpfr_fma and mpfr_fms. * Test coverage: 96.3% lines of code. * Bug fixes. In particular: a speed improvement when the --enable-assert or --enable-assert=full configure option is used with GCC; mpfr_get_str now sets the NaN flag on NaN input and the inexact flag when the conversion is inexact. For a full list, see http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-3.1.6/#fixed and the same section for any previous 3.1.x version (follow the links in the "Changes..." sections). * Microsoft Windows: Added support for thread-safe DLL (shared library). Tested with MinGW, ICC and MSVC. * Limited pkg-config support. * Autotools: Under Linux, make sure that the old dtags (when supported) are used if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is defined; otherwise "make check" would check an installed, compatible MPFR library found in LD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of the one that has been built with "make". * New: optional "make check-gmp-symbols", mainly for binary distributions, to check that MPFR does not use GMP internal symbols (experimental).
==== ncurses ==== Subpackages: libncurses6 ncurses-devel ncurses-utils tack terminfo terminfo-base
- Add ncurses patch 20171230 + build-fix for ncurses-examples with Fedora27, adding check for reset_color_pairs() -- not yet in Fedora's package. + consistently add $CFLAGS to $MK_SHARED_LIB symbol in configure script when the latter happens to use the C compiler rather than directly using the loader (report by Jeffrey Walton). + set ABI for upcoming 6.1 release in "*.map" files. While there are some remaining internals to apply, no ABI-related changes are anticipated. + add configure --with-config-suffix option to work around filename conflict with Redhat packages versus test-packages. - Add ncurses patch 20171223 + modify ncurses-examples to quiet const-warnings when building with PDCurses. + modify toe to not exit if unable to read a terminal description, e.g., if there is a permission problem. + minor fix for progs/toe.c, using _nc_free_termtype2. + assign 0 to pointer in _nc_tgetent_leak() after freeing it. Also avoid reusing pointer from previous successful call to tgetent if the latest call is unsuccessful (patch by Michael Schroeder, OpenSuSE #1070450). + minor fix for test/tracemunch, initialize $awaiting variable. - Disable memory leak checking (boo#1070450) - Add ncurses patch 20171216 + repair template in test/package/ncurses-examples.spec (cf: 20171111). + improve tic's warning about the number of parameters tparm might use for u1-u9 by making a special case for u6. + improve curs_attr.3x discussion of color pairs. - Add ncurses patch 20171209 + modify misc/ncurses-config.in to make output with --includedir consistent with --cflags, i.e., when --disable-overwrite option was configured the output should show the subdirectory where headers are. + modify MKlib_gen.sh to suppress macros when calling an "implemented" function in link_test.c + updated ftp-url used in test-packages, etc. + modify order of -pie/-shared options in configure script in case LDFLAGS uses "-pie", working around a defect or limitation in the GNU linker (prompted by patch by Yogesh Prasad, forwarded by Jay Shah). + add entry in man_db.renames for user_caps.5 - Add ncurses patch 20171125 + modify MKlib_gen.sh to avoid tracing result from getstr/getnstr before initialized. + add "-a" aspect-ratio option to picsmap. + add configure check for default path of rgb.txt, used in picsmap. + modify _nc_write_entry() to truncate too-long filename (report by Hosein Askari, Debian #882620). + build-fix for ncurses-examples with NetBSD curses: + it lacks the use_env() function. + it lacks libpanel; a recent change used the wrong ifdef symbol. + add a macro for is_linetouched() and adjust the function's return value to make it possible for most applications to check for an error-return (report by Midolikawa H). + additional manpage cleanup. + update config.guess, config.sub from http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/config.git
==== perl-XML-LibXSLT ==== Version update (1.94 -> 1.95)
- updated to 1.95 - Hopefully fix RT#116461 - https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=116461 - Makefile.PL shouldn't run "pkg-config libexslt" if LIBS or INC were provided - Thanks to NWELLNHOF for the report and a suggested fix.
==== qqc2-desktop-style ==== Version update (5.40.0 -> 5.41.0)
- Update to 5.41.0 * New feature release * For more details please see: * https://www.kde.org/announcements/kde-frameworks-5.41.0.php - Changes since 5.40.0: * determine QQC2 version at build time (kde#386289) * by default, keep the background invisible * add a background in ScrollView
==== squid ==== Version update (3.5.27 -> 4.0.22)
- Update download url - Update Squid to 4.0.22 (fate#324583, bnc#1073089) * re-enable building with default openssl-devel * Helper changes since 3.5.27: + basic_msnt_multi_domain_auth removed - basic_smb_lm_auth helper performs the same functionality + cert_valid.pl testing helper renamed to security_fake_certverify + ssl_crtd renamed to security_file_certgen For complete set of release notes and changes since squid 3.5 see http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/squid-4.0.22-RELEASENOTES.html - Updated squid.keyring using current keyring file from upstream - missing_installs.patch: install manpages for installed helpers
==== unclutter ====
- Remove buildrequires on xorg-x11-devel - fix unversioned self-obsoletion