Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: apparmor digikam empathy frogr (1.3 -> 1.4) gnustep-base (1.25.0 -> 1.25.1) goffice (0.10.37 -> 0.10.38) icewm libindi (1.5.0 -> 1.6.2) libmspack (0.5 -> 0.6) libssh2_org libzypp (17.0.5 -> 17.1.1) polkit-default-privs postgresql python-decorator (4.1.2 -> 4.2.1) python-matplotlib (2.1.0 -> 2.1.1) qimageblitz (0.0.6 -> 0.0.6+svn1368047) seahorse spirv-tools tre vim yast2-firstboot (3.1.17 -> 4.0.2) yast2-online-update-configuration (3.1.6 -> 4.0.0) yast2-storage-ng (4.0.69 -> 4.0.70)
=== Details ===
==== apparmor ==== Subpackages: apparmor-abstractions apparmor-docs apparmor-parser apparmor-parser-lang apparmor-profiles apparmor-utils apparmor-utils-lang pam_apparmor pam_apparmor-32bit perl-apparmor python3-apparmor
- add disable-cache-on-ro-fs.diff - disable write cache if filesystem is read-only and don't bail out (bsc#1069906, bsc#1074429) - add parser-write-cache-warn-only.diff to make cache write failures a warning instead of an error (boo#1069906, boo#1074429) - reduce dependeny on libnotify-tools (used by aa-notify -p) to "Suggests" to avoid pulling in several Gnome packages on servers (boo#1067477)
==== digikam ==== Subpackages: kipi-plugins kipi-plugins-lang
- Add fix-font-size-in-tooltips.patch to make tooltips respect the configured font size (kde#337243) - Remove some no longer respected cmake options
==== empathy ==== Subpackages: empathy-lang telepathy-mission-control-plugin-goa
- Add empathy-fix-gettext-domain.patch: gschema: Fix gettext-domain, patch from upstream stable branch.
==== frogr ==== Version update (1.3 -> 1.4) Subpackages: frogr-lang
- Update homepage URL. - Update to version 1.4: + Migrated to the meson and ninja, removed all the autotools files. + Fixed integration with GNOME Software (appstream data). + Fixed errors loading images from certain cameras / phones (bgo#768639, bgo#678241). + Raised versions for GTK+ (to 3.16) and JSON-GLib (to 1.2), for g_autoptr. + Updated translations. - Switch to meson buildsystem following upstream port: Add meson BuildRequires and use meson macros and pass explicit options to meson, ensure we build the features we want. - Conditionalize handling of desktop_database_post(un) and icon_theme_cache_post(un) in post(un) to only apply for old versions of openSUSE.
==== gnustep-base ==== Version update (1.25.0 -> 1.25.1)
- update to 1.25.1 o Unicode fixes for characters outside the base plane o Stubs for some new OSX methods o Various new OSX compatibility macro and type definitions o NSFileManager fixes and tweaks to match OSX implementation o NSDistributedLock bugfix for pre-existing lock directories o Alternative sort algorithms selectable at runtime o Compatibility-related changes for environments not supporting weak symbols o Other more minor bugfixes and cleanups. o As usual, this release also contains an update to include the most recent international timezone data.
==== goffice ==== Version update (0.10.37 -> 0.10.38) Subpackages: goffice-lang libgoffice-0_10-10
- --with-pic has no effect with --disable-static, so drop it. - Update to version 0.10.38: + Avoid a few dubious uses of deprecated gtk+ functions. + Reduce number of compiler warnings. - Use plain make call again, fix build for old versions of openSUSE.
==== icewm ==== Subpackages: icewm-config-upstream icewm-default icewm-lang icewm-lite
- Change the recommend xlockmore to xscreensaver( bsc#1074932 ).
==== libindi ==== Version update (1.5.0 -> 1.6.2) Subpackages: libindi-devel libindiAlignmentDriver1 libindidriver1
- Update to version 1.6.2: * Another quick release to fix missing cmake_modules directory and a joystick driver crash fix. From version 1.6.1: * This is a bugfix patch release that resolves problems with INDI version in INDI API. From version 1.6.0: * INDI Base Client is now supported on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. * Added 10Micron Mount support. * Added spectrum support and libDSPAU. * Added NexDome support. * Added Pyxis Rotator support. * Added Pegasus Focuser support. * Added MBox Weather box support. * Added SnapCap dust cap and flat panel support. * Added Sesto-Senso focuser support. * Added USB_DewPoint support. * Added GPS-NMEA sources support. * Added Gemini Telescope Design Integra85 Focusing Rotator WIP support. * Added Lunatico's Armadillo and Platypus support. * Video Streaming support for MacOS. * Video Recording with libtheora (Optional). * Video Streaming with MJPEG encoder. * IOptron fixes and improvements. * More NextstarEvo improvements. * Dedicated Guider Simulator. * QHY & ASI updated to latest SDK. * Apogee fixes for MacOS. * INova fixes and improvements. Updated SDK. * QHY, Apogee, DSI builds for MacOS. * EQMod Horizon fixes. * Skywatcher Alt-Az Mount & Syncscan fixes and improvements including guide support. * StarSense support in Celestron Driver. * Improvements to mount parking & unparking. * New experimental Astrophysics Driver. * Support for Losmandy UDP protocol. * Fixed Dome slaving slew and tracking. * Added Radio Antenna Simulator. * New INDI Rotator Interface. * UDEV rule to disable automount of DSLR cameras. * Sky Quality Meter simulator. * Improvements to INDI GPS drivers. * TCFS Fixes. * SkySensorPC2000 fixes. * Fixed WatchDog behavior in case of unavailable dome. * Improved Continuous Integration support with Travis & CircleCI using Docker. - Drop cmake_modules.tar.gz, no longer necessary
==== libmspack ==== Version update (0.5 -> 0.6)
- Correct SRPM group. - Fix typo - Update to version 0.6 * read_spaninfo(): a CHM file can have no ResetTable and have a negative length in SpanInfo, which then feeds a negative output length to lzxd_init(), which then sets frame_size to a value of your choosing, the lower 32 bits of output length, larger than LZX_FRAME_SIZE. If the first LZX block is uncompressed, this writes data beyond the end of the window. This issue was raised by ClamAV as CVE-2017-6419. * lzxd_init(), lzxd_set_output_length(), mszipd_init(): due to the issue mentioned above, these functions now reject negative lengths * cabd_read_string(): add missing error check on result of read(). If an mspack_system implementation returns an error, it's interpreted as a huge positive integer, which leads to reading past the end of the stack-based buffer. This issue was raised by ClamAV as CVE-2017-11423 - Add subpackage for helper tools - Run spec-cleaner
==== libssh2_org ====
- Drop openssh BuildRequires: this is only used for one of the minor self-tests.
==== libzypp ==== Version update (17.0.5 -> 17.1.1)
- Adapt rpm package verification to changes in rpm-4.14 (bsc#1076018) - version 17.1.1 (0) - plugin: don't reject header values containing a ':' (bsc#1074687) - Locks: Don't store duplicate locks (bsc#969569) - version 17.1.0 (0)
==== polkit-default-privs ====
- polkit-default-privs: adding new udisks2 rules (bsc#1073216)
==== postgresql ==== Subpackages: postgresql-contrib postgresql-devel postgresql-docs postgresql-server
- postgresql-script: /etc/sysconfig/language is deprecated, use the locale that was inherited from systemd instead for initializing a new database instance (boo#1074988).
==== python-decorator ==== Version update (4.1.2 -> 4.2.1) Subpackages: python2-decorator python3-decorator
- specfile: - updated copyright year - updated to version 4.2.1: * Fixed a regression breaking IPython reported by https://github.com/spapini . - changes from version 4.2.0 : * Added a facility to define families of decorators (aka decorators with arguments) as requested by several users. Accepted a pylint patch by David Allouche.
==== python-matplotlib ==== Version update (2.1.0 -> 2.1.1) Subpackages: python3-matplotlib python3-matplotlib-cairo python3-matplotlib-gtk3 python3-matplotlib-tk
- dependency changed to python-six >= 1.10 (see "site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 187) - update to version 2.1.1: * The first and only planned bug-fix release for the 2.1 series. * This release include many bug and documentation fixes. Highlights are: + change default logscale behavior to clip + fixed webagg import errors + tweaks to polar ticks + fixed exception when guessing afm family names + update manifest to include all doc files + improve masked array handling in pcolormesh + fix segfault from reading invalid png + fix blocking_input + fix bug resulting in huge multi-page pdf files + make `show` in nbagg take args as other backends do + several fixes to OSX backend + restore positional arg handling on Figure.legend + fix bugs in interactive navigation + fix issues when panning with invalid limits + fix bug with fully masked arrays passed to imshow
==== qimageblitz ==== Version update (0.0.6 -> 0.0.6+svn1368047)
- Update to version 0.0.6+svn1368047: * Apply some more GCC flags also on GNU/Hurd. * Use the autodetected CMAKE_C_COMPILER instead of hardwired GCC. Fixes build with compilers other than GCC. * Merge Fedora's patch for non-executable stack (makes SELinux happier). * Add a minimum cmake version. * Remove this outdated FindQt4. cmake 2.6.4 has a way better one. * "comparison is always true due to limited range of data type", which means some compiler could have made that loop run endless. * Port away from Qt3Support * Enable compilation with Qt5, but skip cpptoxml. - Remove qimageblitz-0.0.4-noexecstack.patch: fixed upstream. - Add qimageblitz-qt5-fix-soname.patch: Change the soname for Qt5 to fix a conflict with Qt4. - Build for Qt5 too. - Rename the source package to qimageblitz from libqimageblitz4. - Move the docfiles from the devel package to the library package. - Spec cleanup.
==== seahorse ==== Subpackages: gnome-shell-search-provider-seahorse seahorse-lang
- Add seahorse-gpg-ignore-key-considered.patch: ignore new key_considered line (bgo#779607). - Add seahorse-new-gnupg.patch: Mark gnupg 2.2.x as supported, so that our builds enable gpg again (bsc#1075928). - Drop seahorse-allow-deprecated.patch: seahorse builds without it.
==== spirv-tools ====
- Make sure to build just with python3 - Remove needles buildroot variable and default defattrs - Use autopatch to apply patches
==== tre ==== Subpackages: agrep libtre5 tre-lang
- CVE-2016-8859.patch: Fix multiple integer overflows which allowed attackers to cause memory corruption via a large number of (1) states or (2) tags, which triggered an out-of-bounds write (bnc#1005483)
==== vim ==== Subpackages: gvim vim-data
- Sort with spec-cleaner - Add conditional to build with python2 in order to build with py3 only enviroment - Convert dependencies to pkgconfig style
==== yast2-firstboot ==== Version update (3.1.17 -> 4.0.2)
- Do not initialize firstboot in AutoYaST upgrade mode. (Additial fix for bnc#1075744) - 4.0.2 - Bring back HostnameDialog adding it into firstboot_hostname once it was removed from yast2-network (bsc#1028371, bsc#1070388). - 4.0.1 - Replace references to /var/adm/fillup-templates with new %_fillupdir macro (boo#1069468). - 4.0.0
==== yast2-online-update-configuration ==== Version update (3.1.6 -> 4.0.0)
- Replace references to /var/adm/fillup-templates with new %_fillupdir macro (boo#1069468). - 4.0.0
==== yast2-storage-ng ==== Version update (4.0.69 -> 4.0.70)
- Correctly open the expert partitioner when called from the Kubic/CaaSP summary screen (bsc#1076732) - 4.0.70