present: bg, aj, mmaier, adrian, mls, cwh, tschmidt
* Status round * gitourius switch * Commercial Support Evaluation * openSUSE.org server status
Status round ============
* mls - bugfixing in scheduler SAT code, improved the speed a lot and removed the bottle neck. Current bottle neck are missing build power and a more clever dispatcher.
Coolo wants to work on improved dispatcher which prefers projects which are more often downloaded and also packages and projects with source changes should be prefered.
- rpm and deb binary caching in the worker code implemented and deployed. Works good, but broke kiwi image building, will be fixed today.
* cwh - Try to fix kiwi problems for openSUSE 11.2, found problems in OBS code while doing this, which are solved meanwhile. kiwi from openSUSE 11.2 seems to have fundamental problems with the KIWICollect module atm.
* mmaier - Moved all build hosts in our server rooms, solving power connection problems.
* tschmidt - worked on software.o.o, bugfixes and ported to rails 2.3.4. - cleanup api server code together with mrueckert. - Thought about better deployment methods, digged capistrano
* adrian - digged into attribute code of frontend, writing missing schemas and try to get this running for openSUSE 11.2 maintenance workflow.
Gitorious switch ================
General consense is that we want to go to gitorious from svn (even though we are a bit frightend of git). The suggestion from Luke to reorganize the directory structure makes very much sense, we will do so after the move.
We should sync this move also with the new deployment method of our servers as suggested by Thomas.
Remaining concern: gitorious has no commit mails yet, this might be a blocking issue.
Commercial Support Evaluation for OBS =====================================
Novell evaluates the options for a commercial support offering atm. Interessted parties should get into contact with Andreas Jaeger firstname.lastname@example.org who is driving this. Our support wiki page has been updated to reflect this:
openSUSE.org Server Status ==========================
* Timeout and frontend issues are solved by replacing the hardware switch. Makes the builds also reliable again.
* All build hosts are using the new binary cache code from Michael since today.
* PowerPC build host is down atm, but WIP
* We have currently 1 build1X host and 5 build2X hosts offline due to hardware problems.