We are happy to announce the Beta 1 of the openSUSE Build Service Version 1.5
The major features of this release are:
* Product Building Support:
This is biggest part and allows us to create all products, including
openSUSE 11.1 and later SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 products with the
openSUSE Build Service.
It allows also easy Addon Product creation or customized live medias.
Documentation for this is currently written and will be available later.
Files which are used to describe and build products can be found
already in the "_product" packages in the openSUSE:Factory and openSUSE:11.1
This functionality is intended to be used for re-spin your own builds
of openSUSE !
* First Official Cross Architecture Build Support:
This is currently in experimental state. The support for this was
provided by 5e Datasoft and is also used for productive development by them.
* A larger number of smaller features and bug fixes, including but not limited
- Download permission handling
- Automatic download of binary packages
- scheduler speed up implementations
- build reason logging
Packages can get found as usually in the Build Service of opensuse.org
Source tar balls are published at the forge side:
* image building using osc is not correct working yet
We want to release a final 1.5 release still this year and are in good hope to
be able to do so.
Special thanks go to following people for their contributions to this release:
* Marcus Hüwe
* Martin Mohring
* James Oakley the creation of the PyQt client (yabsc)
* Long Hong for the creation of the Eclipse Build Service plugin
In general, this mail is also Beta. If you think the mail about the final
release should contain some particular information, please drop me a mail :)
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+help(a)opensuse.org