OBS team meeting ================
present: mls, saschpe, coolo, adrian
Topics ====== * OBS server reliabilty * discussion about how to offer anonymous access to api * OBS 2.3 feature status * OBS 2.1.7 release
server reliabilty =================
api/build.o.o has a number of issues atm:
* It had an unfriendly admin (adrian) who messed up the config this night. he wears a brown paper bag.
* publisher killed source server via large index updates on accidental openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC publish => drop timeout in publisher to fix this
* iChain remains to block connections, we work parallel on - fixing the issue - workarounding the issue for api.o.o - getting a long term solution
discussion about how to offer anonymous access to api =====================================================
We consider to open defined routes for anonymous access. We need to understand the usages for anonymous access, please send us descriptions what exactly your application shall do.
OBS 2.3 maintenance feature status ==================================
* project _meta file will get add type="maintenance|maintenance_incident" attribute in root element.
* /architecture(s) will - report all in api defined architectures - can filter if they were ever used as scheduling arch in backend by using available(=1) CGI parameter - can filter if the architecture should be used by default by using recommended(=1) CGI parameter
<directory count="3" > <entry name="i586" available="1" recommended="1" /> <entry name="ppc" available="1" /> <entry name="s390" /> </directory>
* We need a working and supported http server stack. We evaluate apache & mod_rails for the OBS appliance atm. lighttpd X-Rewrite speed optimization can be done by mod_xforward apache module (written by us)
We try to reach 2.3 Beta 1 state ASAP. Beside the features above we need:
* delta rpm generation in backend. (mls)
* Maintenance project must refer to maintained projects (sascha/adrian)
* WebUI maintenance overview (sascha)
Candidate for 2.3:
* move config options to options.yml (mrueckert)
OBS 2.1.7 release =================
Current OBS 2.1.6 fails to build against remote projects of OBS 2.3 servers, when projects use new features like locking, releasetarget or special project types.
We will release to 2.1.7 to support building against such projects.