On Thu, Jan 30, Joschi Brauchle wrote:
sorry for asking such a general question, but what is the state of AutoYast for OpenSUSE 13.1?
I converted a completely working XML from a 12.3 installation to 13.1.
The autoinstallation finishes, but the installed system is
- missing Sysconfig configuration from <sysconfig> section
- has not run any of the <post-scripts> and <init-scripts>
- does not accept the root password configured in the <users> section
- is missing all files installed from the <files> section of the XML
- misses LDAP and KRB config from <ldap> and <kerberos>
- services are not configured as in <services>
and many more problems.
To me it looks like the complete second stage is missing, as all those things are done there.
Is this a known problem? Or are there known problems for 13.1?
From the description it sound like bnc#846011 .
If you have repositorities configured in the <add-on> section, there is a bug in the client handling these that leads to a creash of yast late in the first stage of installation. This crash prevents the file with setup information for second stage to be written, and therefore all configuration steps happening in second stage are not done.
In bnc#846011 I attached a driver update disk, the fix itself is in brnanch openSUSE-13_1 of email@example.com:yast/yast-add-on.git
Tschuess, Thomas Fehr