Re: [opensuse] Laptop experience
  • From: mh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Hirmke)
  • Date: 14 Jun 2019 17:40:00 +0200
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 10:24 AM Michael Hirmke <mh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]
I have a Thunderbolt device that I am curious about. It came with a
Lenovo laptop, so I'm really just screwing around to see what works
and what does not work. When I plug it in, some messages are given.
But none of the hardware is activated. I'm new to Thunderbolt. I would
have thought that the hardware would be sort of like USB in that the
Linux device driver would work everywhere that has a Thunderbolt
interface. Of course, I don't know if the Lenovo Thunderbolt thing
works on Linux on a Thinkpad. So that's something to play with.

I've also not explored the display port stuff and my antiquated
displays. Something else to play with.

my Thunderbolt dock works like a charme. It is a CalDigit TS3 Plus.
DisplayPort monitor, external SSDs - no problem so far.
But it might be, that the Lenovo dock is a bit more problematic. I'm not
sure, but I read somethin like that in the DELL forums.

But this is a work laptop. I will have to muck about with these thins
on my own time...

Anyway - have fun :)

--
Roger Oberholtzer