Re: [opensuse] Where to report bad mirrors?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:05:52 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 10/06/2019 17:25, Carlos E. R. wrote:
300 Kb/s when my connection is 100 Mb/s is very slow...

Oh, WOW, all off 300kb/s!
Three digits worth!
Try loading a kernel update at single digit speeds.

I remember that thread, but couldn't find it. Yes, we would need a
local blacklist of mirrors. Otherwise I'll have to bypass mirrorbrain
and list manually some mirrors.

I prefer the blacklist idea.
Manually determining the groups of possible servers for each
repository and then timing them and editing the dot-repo files will
get time consuming.

FWIW, I have just timed the 15.1 DVD iso from Hetzner (Germany) to the
mirror at Dalhousie (20Mb/s), freemirror.org (25Mb/s), Manitoba (very
slow) and Uwaterloo (too slow, hovering at 1Mb/s).

If I get a better service in Germany than you do in Canada, something is
wrong with your interconnect. As I suggested to Carlos, try asking
your provider.

All four Canadian mirrors showed very poor service from my office
location. Entirely expected.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.2°C)