Re: [opensuse] Where to report bad mirrors?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:41:58 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 10/06/2019 19:18, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
then add the *specific* servers as I described earlier, and do not
let mirrorbrained decide which server you use.

This makes sense when you are using one of a very few repositories..
As I've said before, doing the step-and-repeat to determine the most
efficacious sites for a number of repository becomes a combinational
explosion as you multiply it out.

I've been referred to my 'local" (aka here in Canada or northern USA)
sites, but the reality is that they only cover the 'core', not the
kernel_Stable, the KDE5 or the additional photographic stuff.

If your "local" mirrors are okay for the core, and you get the extra
stuff from elsewhere, problem solved? I thought the problem was that
your "local" mirrors were also pretty poor, bandwidth wise.

And a simple script based around ping/traceroute tells me nothing
about how the server at the far end can actually deliver.

Yes, run a wget on an ISO to get a useful impression.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.4°C)