[opensuse] About tail -f
Hi,

I have a bunch of terminals running "tail -f /some/logfile" (directly
from the terminal without bash). The problem is that when the logfile
is rotated, it does not catch the "new" log. I have to terminate that
tail and start another.

How could I automate this, another tail program?

(on some tail -f terminals I have, rotate works automatically)

To be exact, I use this:

xfce4-terminal \
--tab --command="/home/cer/bin/terminales_one /var/log/warn"
--title="* Warn *" \
--tab --command="/home/cer/bin/terminales_one /var/log/messages"
--title=messages \

Where terminales_one is:

while true ; do tail -f -n 1000 $1 ; sleep 5 ; done

Maybe this is the trick:

-f, --follow[={name|descriptor}]
output appended data as the file grows;

an absent option argument means 'descriptor'

-F same as --follow=name --retry

So use -F instead?

I'm going to try that, but it may take days till I notice if it works or
not.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.