Re: [opensuse] Help locating text file in remote repository
On 6/9/19 1:02 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 09/06/2019 19.55, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
On 6/9/19 12:15 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 09/06/2019 15.30, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
Hi everyone:

So, I have two questions: (1) is it possible to search a remote
repository for opensuse files WITHOUT first having the full path name to
the file? and (2) does opensuse package the specific file I'm looking
for?

Thanks for your help.

Do you know the specific opensuse repo or repos that may have the file?
I may be able to concoct something.

Hi Carlos:

It seems like all ghc packages are in the Main Repository (OSS) - at
least the ~50 packages I have installed are.

Then grep this file:

<http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/openSUSE-current/repo/oss/ARCHIVES.gz>

Or use the command pin - but it doesn't use the complete list, just the
one on the DVD. Thus I concoct my own ARCHIVES with an editor.

The best command would be webpin, but it is broken. Rather the webserver
it depends on is broken.

Yes, I tried webpin as well, but as noted it doesn't work.

(Let me point out now, with my apologies for not specifying in my
original post, that I am on Tumbleweed.)

However, grepping the archive did find the file. Here is the operative
line, split for width:

539627:./x86_64/ghc-bootstrap-8.4.3-lp151.2.2.x86_64.rpm:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 53376 Apr 27 21:55
/opt/share/doc/ghc-8.4.3/html/libraries/base-4.11.1.0/src/Prelude.html

So I downloaded the Tumbleweed ARCHIVE.gz file and grepped that. The
package ghc-bootstrap (and the somewhat strange path /opt/share/...) is
not available in Tumbleweed and the same file is NOT present there. So
I'll assume at this point the file (and the package ghc-bootstrap) has
not been included in Tumbleweed for whatever reason.

Carlos - thank you for your effort and the clarifying information.