Re: [opensuse] save installed packages for reinstall
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2019 13:53:32 +0200
Dave Howorth wrote:

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 12:52:27 +0200

On 09/06/2019 11.57, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Sun, 09 Jun 2019 10:43:43 +0200
Per Jessen <> wrote:

Patrick Shanahan wrote:

I am considering wiping my main system drive and reinstalling Tw
clean but would like to have the same packages on the new system.
I will backup home and replace the new home contents with the
backedup data.

is this feasible?

how to save the currently installed pkgs for reinstall?

You can save a list - YaST->Software Managment->Extras->Export
package list.

There's no such menu entry under YaST->Software Managment->Extras
on my system? Leap 15.0

I see it under "File".

I do see YaST->Software Managment->File->Export yes, thanks.
That saves the list as XML, which doesn't seem so helpful for the OP's
purpose. The XML file is apparently intended for use with AutoYaST.

You can import it in the same place - I that'll work for Patrick too.

Funny, I thought the QT and the ncurses interfaces were very much the
same, and I see no 'File' entry in ncurses.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.6°C)