Re: [opensuse] save installed packages for reinstall
On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 12:52:27 +0200

On 09/06/2019 11.57, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Sun, 09 Jun 2019 10:43:43 +0200
Per Jessen <> wrote:

Patrick Shanahan wrote:

I am considering wiping my main system drive and reinstalling Tw
clean but would like to have the same packages on the new system.
I will backup home and replace the new home contents with the
backedup data.

is this feasible?

how to save the currently installed pkgs for reinstall?

You can save a list - YaST->Software Managment->Extras->Export
package list.

There's no such menu entry under YaST->Software Managment->Extras
on my system? Leap 15.0

I see it under "File".

I do see YaST->Software Managment->File->Export yes, thanks.
That saves the list as XML, which doesn't seem so helpful for the OP's
purpose. The XML file is apparently intended for use with AutoYaST.