Re: [opensuse] save installed packages for reinstall
On 09/06/2019 12.56, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Sunday, 2019-06-09 at 11:47 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

There is a doubt about whether the command line buffer will take the
entire package list, I think there is a limit (64K?). Can a zypper
take input from a file directly?

if not, xargs will help you issue multiple zypper in, at optimal
length.

No, that has a problem: not having the entire list of packages may
break the solver case. It will not consider everything in order to
solve dependencies, and may want to bring other different packages to
solve the needs.

I'm not sure that is a real issue. You would face the same problem
doing it manually. Nothing much there can be done if your package list
exceeds 2Mb - still, even at 40 chars per package, that's 50000+
packages :-)

Yeah, I thought the limit was still 64KB. I need double than that. But
at 2MB limit, no problem.

The theoretical issue was that the missing dependency could be solved by
packages that go in the next split command line. By feeding the complete
command line there should not be dependencies issues, if the release is
the same. On upgrades there could be problems.

I mean, the goal is to have the same list of packages, to solve the
dependencies with the same solution as the original installation did. A
clone as far as possible.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.