Re: [opensuse] certbot error
On 06/08/2019 05:22 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
Thanks, David, and the others who replied. I certainly hope my system
is not reachable over port 80. I run the router in stealth mode and am
concerned that it is still responding to pings and IDENTs.

I didn't realize my system needed to be visible. My whole purpose was
to be able to use HTTPS on my internal network without any external
connections. I suppose I need to do a lot more reading.

You only need port 80 up during cert creation (and then once every 3 months
thereafter for update). Once the certs are installed, you can disable port 80
again.

I use mod rewrite to force all traffic to 443 (which was another layer of
failure I found :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.