Re: [opensuse] install-new-recommends auto-agree-with-licenses
07.06.2019 23:34, Dave Howorth пишет:

I was intrigued by the mention of DKMS but know nothing about it.

I use an out-of-tree driver that causes me pain every time there is a
kernel update. Can DKMS help? What do I have to do to use it with this
driver?

You need to create dkms.conf file for your module that describes how to
build module, how to install module, how to uninstall module etc. See
dkms man page.

If you are on Leap, creating KMP may be more useful. It is probably more
steep learning curve, but once KMP is installed it will be automatically
used by all subsequent kernel updates; there is no need to recompile
module every time. Also you do not need development tools on target system.