Re: [opensuse] install-new-recommends auto-agree-with-licenses
On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 17:07:08 -0400
Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

* Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-07-19 16:36]:
On Thu, 06 Jun 2019 00:38:29 +0200
Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Op woensdag 5 juni 2019 22:17:06 CEST schreef David C. Rankin:
I haven't found a way with the nvidia drivers. 4-separate
prompts to agree
(you would think one would be enough)

not using the repo but direct install:
sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.xxxx.run -aqs

has worked for me for years.

Now that I will have to try!
install dkms, enable the dkms service and add
--dkms:
sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.xxxx.run -aqs --dkms
It will take care of automatic rebuild of the driver on a kernel
update.

I was intrigued by the mention of DKMS but know nothing about it.

I use an out-of-tree driver that causes me pain every time there is
a kernel update. Can DKMS help? What do I have to do to use it with
this driver?

why a "pain" ???

simple cl: ./NVI.......run -aqs
and return to graphics target

It's not a graphics driver; it's a TV card driver; sorry, meant to
mention that. Anyway, it's a pain because it has to be rebuilt and
reinstalled every time I install a kernel update.