Re: [opensuse] install-new-recommends auto-agree-with-licenses

On 6/6/19 12:38 AM, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
Op woensdag 5 juni 2019 22:17:06 CEST schreef David C. Rankin:
I haven't found a way with the nvidia drivers. 4-separate prompts to
agree
(you would think one would be enough)

not using the repo but direct install:
sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.xxxx.run -aqs

has worked for me for years.

Now that I will have to try!
install dkms, enable the dkms service and add
--dkms:
sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.xxxx.run -aqs --dkms
It will take care of automatic rebuild of the driver on a kernel update.

I did this a long time, but since we have a ton of different graphic
cards we can no longer
use the same Nvidia driver for all cards. So we started having a list
which driver supports which card, checking the current card before
installing the matching driver.
If it would be possible to use the nvidia repository and the
install-new-recommends without accepting the licenses it would be much
easier.