Re: [opensuse] Install openSUSE 15.1 on ThinkPad
On 2019-06-05 05:13 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I would use clonezilla or similar tools to do a backup of the partition
layout, and an image of the restore partition, so that I can restore the
disk to its original state if needed (you don't need it if you use Linux
only).

Then I would reformat it, destroying that partition, as GPT.

If you do use Windows as double boot, I find it better to keep an image
of a good installed Windows, and recover to that. The original restore
system normally will destroy Linux.

I plan to use dd to backup the partitions.  It works well.  I can't do
it all in one shot, as I don't have a spare drive that's big enough.
I'll be backing up that restore partition, /home and Windows, along with
a few subdirectories that have important stuff.