Re: [opensuse] Install openSUSE 15.1 on ThinkPad
On 06/05/2019 12:43 PM, James Knott wrote:
My next victim for installing 15.1 is my Lenovo ThinkPad E520.  On the
disk, there's a primary partition /dev/sda4, which is Lenovo recovery.
Part of my plan is to convert the disk from MBR to UEFI.  Will this
partion cause any problems?  Is it just a matter of backing up and
restoring that partition?  Does it have to be in the same place?  This
computer is currently running 15.0.

tnx jk

I'd save the fdisk (or sdisk) information and the partition. I haven't played
with Linovo recovery partitions, but I would want to be able to put it back
right where I got it from if the need arises.

(for the $100 bill, it's almost worth putting that disk in a drawer and
putting a fresh SSD in for 15.1)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.