Re: [opensuse] How to exclude sites from Zypper?
* Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-04-19 10:31]:
On 04/06/2019 09:59, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
Given I have
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/
for example, what sites could mirrorbrain redirect me to?
So far it seems to be sending me off to Asia, and as I blackhole those
sites
through Russia.

thought you would be more curious:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/KDE:Frameworks5.repo.mirrorlist

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that facility.

Well I step though what it offers and some interesting stuff comes up.
The nth America closest, provo-mirror.opensuse.org, is a distant ping,
certainly
more distant by a factor of two or three than my site hosting may email and
web
in California. Traceroute times out on it, so its more than the default 30
hops
away.

Other sites are, yes, though eastern europe/russia and asia :-)

I only add sites when I expierence frequent connect failures and then
based on access times ... rather than location. if a site in bfegypt is
more accessable than next door, bfegypt wins.