Re: [opensuse] Where to set the domain name? - Leap 15.1 beta - updating DNS according to DHCP
On 09/05/2019 02.23, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Thu, 9 May 2019 02:10:46 +0200 "Carlos E. R." <> wrote:

On 09/05/2019 01.45, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <> [05-08-19 14:31]:
On 08/05/2019 20.14, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

The script will get parameters on the command line and
environment, which I need. What is the man page? It is not "man
wicked"

Dunno - put a script in and dump the environment and the
arguments. If you google it, you'll probably find the information
too.

Oh, I hoped you knew. Ok, one item more to my to-do list.

man wickedd ??

Unfortunately, no. I did apropos wicked and nothing seemed
appropriate, but maybe I missed something, I only had a quick look
and search.

Maybe these:

https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Wicked

No...

https://github.com/openSUSE/wicked

Not that I see.

and in particular

https://github.com/openSUSE/wicked/blob/master/doc/WhyWicked.txt

No, because it says:

+++...........
Trigger Scripts
===============

These hooks don't exist yet, but will be implemented soonishly.
...........++-

So either the file is obsolete or still not implemented.

https://github.com/openSUSE/wicked/tree/master/man

Maybe. Here there are manuals that I did not locate because they don't
have "wicked" in the name.

But I don't see one about "trigger" or some other obvious name.

or indeed man wickedd on the command line rather than on the web?

Man wickedd doesn't mention if-up/dn scripts.

But thanks, you found things :-D

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.