Re: [opensuse] Re: output from systemd timer
On Wed, 08 May 2019 20:36:10 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 20.15, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 15.37, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 13.45, Per Jessen wrote:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

Would you happen to know if the old behaviour of
cronjobs/timers sending an email to MAILTO is still
supported?

cronjobs in 15.0, certainly. But I can test that.

The important bit was if systemd timers, now slowly replacing
cron jobs, supported the old behaviour.

Is the cron daemon be going to be removed, or it is just that jobs
are being migrated?

Currently I see various jobs being migrated to systemd timers.

In the second case, the system can use timers and I'll keep using
cron without worries.

Well, I would like to know what the system does too, especially
when it doesn't work.

Certainly. We'll have to learn both systems. Well, cron we already
know.

We have every cron output sent to a central location where some
automagic triage is done. If deemed necessary, it is then forwarded
to a queue where someone who will look into it. I'm not so keen on
seeing this output written to the log instead.

I think journald can forward journal events to other places and
subsequently process them
(see
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-journal-remote.service.html
for some of it) so you would just need to read the forwarded logs on
the central machine and do your normal processing, I think?