Re: [opensuse] Re: output from systemd timer
On 08/05/2019 20.15, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 15.37, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 13.45, Per Jessen wrote:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

Would you happen to know if the old behaviour of cronjobs/timers
sending an email to MAILTO is still supported?

cronjobs in 15.0, certainly. But I can test that.

The important bit was if systemd timers, now slowly replacing cron
jobs, supported the old behaviour.

Is the cron daemon be going to be removed, or it is just that jobs are
being migrated?

Currently I see various jobs being migrated to systemd timers.

In the second case, the system can use timers and I'll keep using cron
without worries.

Well, I would like to know what the system does too, especially when it
doesn't work.

Certainly. We'll have to learn both systems. Well, cron we already know.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.