Re: [opensuse] Where to set the domain name? - Leap 15.1 beta - updating DNS according to DHCP
On 08/05/2019 13.36, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 08/05/2019 13.07, Per Jessen wrote:

If it were me, I think I would put an 'nsupdate' call in my
NetworkManager or wicked scripts/hooks.

Ok, I can look into that. This setup is using wicked. Any RTFM guide
for dummies about wicked hooks? :-)

It's very much what it has been for years - put a script
in /etc/sysconfig/netwoirk/if-{up,down}.d/

Ah. But I have never tried with wicked, only with NM. Wicked is
relatively "new".

Anyway, use nsupdate.

I'll have a look. [...] I have a doubt this can work with dnsmasq? It
is not a full fledged DNS server. [...] Google says it is not
possible.

Oh, that's a pity. Seems like something obvious for dnsmasq to support.
Well then, back to plain old bind :-)

Nonono. I'm not going back to bind, that's another can of worms :-)

The main partition in this machine does have a working bind. But the LAN
server uses dnsmasq and I'm otherwise very happy with it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.