On 08/05/2019 09.29, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

.... fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for
127.0.0.2

Oh, I know very well how to combine "in Linux" dnsmasq with a proper
dhcp server. But remember, in this case, I can not ensure control of
the dhcp server. I may be a guest at somebody else's place, I may be
using Android tethering... (actual situations in which my laptop gets
into).

We are probably all in similar situations every now and then. I know I
am. I guess you're using your portable machine for something else than
I do.

Not many people use postfix nowdays to send mail outside, instead of
directly from Thunderbird or whatever.

It is possible that some other setting is needed in postfix to trigger
the problem, that having

127.0.0.2 name.domain name

is not enough.

Another question: how can YaST write that entry if it doesn't know the
domain name?

When posfix is configured using YaST, how is the domain name written to
the configuration?

etc.

Just wondering. :-?

--