On 2019-05-07 03:18 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 05/07/2019 04:28 PM, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
There is a DHCP option; without it, I would not have a FQDN at all.

None of that information gets written into any file in /etc anymore (as
of Leap 15.0, perhaps even earlier). It is all stored in various places
in /var/run/netconfig and /var/run/wicked (especially the latter).
But if it's not in /etc/resolv.conf, then you need the FQDN to access
anything.

Well, that's in there somewhere, I just haven't found it yet. According
to the files in /var/run/wicked, my hostname is staticXXX-XXX-XXX-XXX
and domain name is accesscomm.ca. However...

# hostname -A
staticXXX-XXX-XXX-XXX.r.rev.accesscomm.ca

Where that r.rev comes from I do not know :D