On 05/06/2019 02:11 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
Value entered in "Domain Name" input field was not used for searching
anything. At least in more or less recent openSUSE.

My understanding, going all the way back to when I was doing 3rd level
OS/2 support at IBM was the domain name specified the first one
searched.  If additional search domains were needed, they were added to
the domain search list (LAN domain search in OS/2).  In openSUSE 15.0,
the Domain Name box is still there but, as I mentioned, doesn't save it.