Re: [opensuse] Re: color fidelity in format & monitors (was Re: pngquant - PNG compressor)
On 05/05/2019 06.49, L A Walsh wrote:
On 5/4/2019 10:49 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I understand 4K means a very large display that doesn't fit into my
sitting room, ...
Not necessarily...its really about resolution. You can have a
hi res display on a laptop or handheld -- apple has their 'retina'
display that are around 400DPI, but 4k is simply 4 times
the screen space as a 1920x1080 (2X in both directions), so
3840x2160. If they put that in at 400DPI, um
(3840**2+2160**2)**.5 => diagonal = 4405 dots @ 400DPI
would be about an 11 inch screen

3840x2160. Wow.

Now, if I get rid of the old piano I would have more space. Pity those
things are too heavy to send, LOL.

But forgetting retina displays, a 3140x2160 LG monitor w/27" diag
is running about $600 at amazon...

Bet you can't wait... ;-)

I sure can! I need that money for other things. Computerwise, I need a
new board, new cpu, new memory, new video card. Not that they are
broken, though. My current machine has 8G swaps 4. RAM is maxed, so
increasing means new board. The current CPU is not supported by vmware.
The video has a too old driver that has support problems...

Money money.

Anyway, ot.

--
Cheers / Saludos,