Re: [opensuse] Mails from openSUSE conferences failing to spam
On 02/05/2019 17.44, Adam Majer wrote:
On 5/2/19 3:29 PM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne čtvrtek 2. května 2019 15:15:26 CEST, Adam Majer napsal(a):
See the issue,
https://github.com/rspamd/rspamd/issues/2836
It's been updated. The problem is with mime parsing. You can also
see that in the source code

Thank You for update, but it's closed and the developer still claims the
behavior as intentional...

Ok, I've read this again with and your email to the list. The problem is
that the mailing list is breaking messages.

micalg="pgp-sha256"; protocol="application/pgp-signature"

But, our mailing lists adds the footer,

Ah, that. Added since ever, yes (I see it in posts dated 2003).

But as far as I remember, not only multipart messages were flagged as
spam. I did not check that.

I see other mail lists adding a footer: Packman, for instance, using
mailman. Lazarus. Alpine

which is against "recommendation" of the RFC. Thunderbird ignored these
parts anyway (they are not displayed),

Yours is displayed, but it is not multipart.
The one from Vojtěch Zeisek is multipart, and does not display it.

which is as per RFC. Maybe it's
not a good idea just append this stuff to random data coming through?
And rspamd maintainer is probably correct, that these areas can be used
to trick either the spam scanner or the recipient.

So, ML software seems broken. rspamd is not really at fault for
detecting bad message formats.

It is for giving that a 10 score as spam, IMHO. Spamassassin doesn't.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.